21: Axel 💓

**Authors note
I'm sad to say that there are only a few more chapters left. It has been a challenging few weeks but I'll try to write as much as I can. Anyways back to the story**

I woke up noticing that Duncan had his arms wrapped around my waist and that both our legs were tangled together. It wasn't a weird feeling, in fact it was the complete opposite. It felt like a dream. In a way I tried to stay awake. I didn't want the previous night to become a dream. Being with Duncan was a wake up call for me. I had never felt more alive in my entire life.  Duncan seemed to know what he was doing and I was too shy to say how nervous I was. I watched Duncan sleeping for a while before checking my phone.

I noticed that Amber had texted me multiple times and I called her to let her know that I was fine and safe. She wanted to know all the details and I told her that I would tell her when I saw her again. She was disappointed that I didn't wanna tell her everything and eventually hung up the phone. After spending an half and hour explaining the previous night , I got back under the covers where Duncan was still asleep.

He looked peaceful under the covers and as I turned my back towards him he wrapped his arms around my waist. I could feel his head on my shoulder and I felt relief as he pulled me closer to him. Part of me was worried that the previous night hadn't been good enough for him and I was really worried that would effect us. Laying down here, his arms wrapped around me, it felt like all those thoughts were worthless. It felt like paradise. I could tell that he was still asleep and wanted to wake him up.

I felt him grab my hand and start to gently kiss my knuckles which made me realise that he was awake. I smiled as he was still cuddling me closely and turned around to face him. He didn't say anything at first and I took that as a good sign.

"You okay? he asked , his voice being used for the first time today.

"I- ... I was shocked. I could tell that he was nervous and I couldn't understand why. He had done this before. He was still looking at me waiting for an answer.

I stroked his muscular arms and I could tell that made him calm. I smiled and made him look at me.

"I'm really happy Duncan. You know why? Because you're here with me.

That made him smile and the sight was so mesmerising. I pulled him closer to me and soon our lips with joined together. At first I could feel that he was holding back but he let go once I put my arms around his waist. He broke the kiss, looking down at my waist and tracing it with his fingertips. He was thinking about something, I could tell that it bothered him deeply. I made him look at me again and I got all serious for a second.

"Babe whats wrong? You can talk to me.

He doesn't answer at first and I want to reassure him, so I move closer and hug him, letting his head rest on my chest. He holds me , not being able to speak but I can hear his breathing starting to calm. That makes me relax. He turns his head to look up at me, his blue eyes still and distant.

"Did I hurt you? he asks and it catches me off guard.

"What are you talking about? I ask, knowing exactly but wanting more.

"Last night. I might've gone a bit overboard and-

I kiss him gently  and I stop him before he has a chance to speak. He leans into it and I can feel him trying to hold on. I break the kiss and he looks up at me , expectant , waiting for an answer.

"Last night was the greatest night of my life. You didn't hurt me, I promise. I love you okay?

That seemed to make him happy and cheered him up. He hugs me and I could feel the pressure lift from his shoulders. It was like there was all this tension releasing from him and I was the cause of that. I pull him closer and bury my face in his neck , taking in his sweet intoxicating scent. He doesn't let go or try to pull away and I can feel myself not wanting to let go. We sit there in the comfortable silence and I feel him placing his lips on my shoulder. It's like everything he did made me want more. More of him and more of what he made me feel.