Chapter 11

"I'll have to ask Mr Stark," I said into my phone.

My phone was pressed between my ear and my shoulder because I was also holding my coffee, laptop, and had paperwork under my arm.

There was a flurry of motion and Pietro arrived beside me. He gently took the paperwork and my laptop and started walking beside me. I grabbed my phone with my other hand and mouthed 'thank you' to Pietro.

We made it to my office, and I ended the phone call. I sighed and smiled at Pietro, who placed my things on my desk and grinned back at me. We stood there for a while, just staring at each other.

"Oh, right," Pietro said suddenly. "Wanda wants to know if you still want to work out with her."

I nodded.

"Yeah, definitely," I said. "That's in thirty minutes."

Pietro stood there for a moment longer.

"Well, I'll let you get back to work," he said. "Unless I can see my report...?"

I chuckled and pointed at the door.

"Get out," I laughed. "You know you're not allowed to."

Pietro sighed dramatically and left, throwing another smile my way as he shut the door. I chuckled to myself as I began typing away.

Soon enough it was time for me to work out with Wanda. I got changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and headed to the training rooms. Wanda was waiting there for me, stretching. I was surprised to see Pietro there as well.

"Are you working out with us?" I asked.

"If you don't mind, Printsessa," he said.

"I don't," I said quickly.

He was wearing track pants and a singlet. His arms were super muscle-y and I noticed that I'd been staring at them. I cleared my throat and turned to Wanda, who was grinning at me.

"Stretches?" I said, trying to get her to stop looking at me like she knew what I was thinking about.

Wait a second...

Well, shit.

Wanda grinned at me again and I glared at her. She just shrugged, but her grin didn't disappear. I glared at her again and started stretching. Pietro copied my actions, and I had to avert my eyes from his muscular form.

We started jogging around the track, and I started thinking, even though I didn't want to with Wanda around.

Why was I not looking at Pietro? He was my friend, and friends could look at each other.

Oh.

OH.

Oh no. No, no, no.

This was not happening, not with Wanda beside me. I started translating the Declaration of Independence to Russian, just so that Wanda wouldn't hear my thoughts. I couldn't accept this, not while I was next to a mind reader.

Next, we started to spar. I was more advanced than Wanda, but no one was supposed to know that. I saw several openings to take when we sparred, but I didn't take them. She couldn't know that I was enhanced.

Although, I wanted the twins to know. I wanted the team to know.

Once I beat Wanda only slightly, I started to spar against Pietro.

Why didn't I just tell them? I could tell them right now.

But I couldn't. How would they even react if they found out that I'd lied to their faces? Natasha had only just stopped being suspicious of me, and we were all friends. If I told them, it would just cause a whole bunch of questions and problems.

Wait, shit. Wanda could probably hear my thoughts. I glanced to Wanda, who was just watching us spar, with a look of concentration on her face. The look cost me – Pietro was able to hook his foot behind my ankle and send me to the floor. I tried to get up, but Pietro grabbed both of my hands and held them above my head.

"I win, Printsessa," he purred.

The way his voice sounded almost made me lose it. It was so sensual, so inviting. His eyes were hooded with lust, and I wanted to lean up and kiss him, and maybe do even more...

"Okay, Pietro time to spar with me!" Wanda said loudly.

My face heated up as I realised she'd probably just heard everything I was thinking. Pietro blinked and the lust was gone, instead replaced with embarrassment. He stood up and helped me up, looking away. I looked away too, embarrassed.

"I, um... I think I should get back to work," I said.

Neither of the twins stopped me as I left the training rooms. As soon as I was out of the room, thoughts filled my mind.

I liked Pietro Maximoff.

I wasn't even sure how it had happened. Sure, he was attractive, and super funny, but I hadn't seen it coming.

I shook my head as I reached my office. I needed to focus on this job, not on a love life. Although, I could do both...

No. Who said he even liked me back? Even though his eyes were filled with lust for me only a few minutes ago... but lust, not something else. Not something... more.

Or maybe it was. Maybe I was just overthinking things. It would be best if I just got back to work.

I started typing away at my computer when the door opened, and Pietro walked in. I bit my lip as he walked closer and started speaking.

"I'm sorry about the...uh..."

"It's fine," I said quickly.

Pietro nodded and bit his lip, avoiding gaze. He let out a long breath and looked straight into my eyes.

"We're still cool, right?" he asked anxiously.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and relaxed.

"Of course," I said with a smile. "We're cool."