Chapter 27

I sat in a med bay in the Wakandan palace next to Pietro. He had a shoulder wound and it was currently being bandaged. Once the kind lady finished and walked away, I sat down beside him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He grinned his signature smile at me.

"Other than nearly getting shot up? Completely fine," he said.

I nudged him lightly with my shoulder and he laughed. He kissed my temple and I turned to face him.

"Guess what," I said with a giddy smile on my face.

Pietro cocked his head and smiled.

"What?" he asked.

"I love you," I said.

Pietro's smile softened.

"I love you, too," Pietro said, before kissing me softly.

"Okay, lovebirds."

I pulled away to see Tony standing over us, the rest of the team behind him. I rolled my eyes at him but gave him a tight hug.

"You're okay?" I asked.

Tony chuckled and pulled away before clapping my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said. "I heard you did good out there, kiddo."

I grinned at him, and the door to the med bay opened, revealing Carol.

"Hey everyone," she said with a grin. "I'm Carol. Nice to meet you all."

"You are so cool!" Peter exclaimed, before clapping a hand over his mouth.

Carol chuckled.

"Thanks, kid. So are you," she said.

"How did you know we needed help?" Steve asked.

Carol shrugged.

"Nick used his communication device to contact me," she said. "I was on my way over when I bumped into Thor and his entourage. He had a quicker way to get here."

I glanced at Pietro. No one called Fury 'Nick.'

"Do you know?" Steve asked. Carol cocked her head and he continued on. "Who he trusted? Who took his eye?"

Carol looked at him in bewilderment.

"You mean Goo-"

"Danvers," a voice said from the doorway. "It's been a while."

Fury was leaning against the doorway with an unreadable expression on his face. Carol grinned at him and went over to say hello. Steve looked after her, and I knew he really wanted to know about Fury.

We mingled with the other heroes and warriors as we got patched up. I met Ayo, the woman who helped Bucky while he was in Wakanda, and I met Loki, Thor's brother. Apparently he was good now. He was charmingly handsome, and Pietro wouldn't let me be around him unless he was too. My cute little speedster boyfriend was jealous.

There was also the Guardians of the Galaxy. They had arrived with Thor, and they were pretty cool, if not a slightly weird bunch. There was one human (and apparently he was half god or something), a woman with beautiful green skin, a man with grey skin and red markings, a woman with antennae, a talking raccoon, and a talking tree.

Once everyone was deemed okay, we all went to a conference room to discuss the Infinity Stones.

"I vote we still take the stone out of Vision's head," I said. "It may always be a risk, and we don't want... we don't want someone else to try to kill Vision for it."

Wanda's hand tightened around Vision's and I held back a frown. Wanda hadn't left Vision's side. His lightless eyes would haunt her for a while.

"I agree with Y/n," T'Challa said. "We can start the process again today, if you wish. The labs are still in perfect condition."

Vision looked at Wanda and nodded, and Wanda nodded too. We decided to do it now rather than later, and the entire team went to the labs while Vision underwent the procedure. I held Wanda's hand the entire time to comfort her, and she squeezed it when she needed to.

Once the procedure was done, Vision was still the same. He talked the same, acted the same, and had most of the same powers. He couldn't release an energy beam from his head anymore, but he could do most of the other things.

"You know what would be awesome?" Tony said. "A party. With everyone. Even Reindeer Games."

Loki narrowed his eyes at Tony and summoned a dagger. Valkyrie grabbed the dagger from his hand and tossed it in the air. Carol watched her toss the knife and looked away when the warrior looked at her.

"Party?" Peter Quill said. "No more convincing needed."

two more chapters left including the epilogue :))