Chapter 18

"Yeah, we blew up your apartment building. Had fun doing it, too. Almost as much fun as killing your parents."

Before anyone could react, Francis shot at me. The bullet headed straight for my abdomen and I closed my eyes. I felt the rush of wind and a pair of hands on my shoulders. I opened my eyes to see Pietro standing in front of me. I looked down to see blodd spreading across his abdomen.

"You didn't see that coming?" he asked faintly.

"No, Pietro, no!" I said as he fell to the floor.

I dropped to my kness beside him, trying to cover up the wound. I glanced at the Avengers who were just standing there.

"What are you doing? Help him!" I cried.

They all just stood there, staring at me with soulless eyes. Wanda pointed at me.

"Liar," she whispered.

Tony pointed at me.

"Traitor."

"Liar," Clint joined in.

"Traitor," Steve contributed.

All of the Avengers began pointing at me and calling me a liar and a traitor. Pietro was dying, and they weren't doing anyhting to help...

"Printsessa."

I looked down to Pietro.

"You lied to me."

His eyes fluttered shut. I tried to find his pulse, but then I was falling down into an bottomless pit...

I gasped as I woke up. I turned on all of my lights.

It was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream...

I repeated the words to myself until I was able to believe them. I looked around my room before getting up and making my way to the kitchen for a glass of water. The trip was quiet seeing as everyone else was asleep. After drinking a glass, I walked out to the balcony for some fresh air.

The city was beautiful in the early hours of the morning. I could distantly see the sky beginning to fade from black to a lighter blue. There were very few lights on in the city, and only a few cars travelled this early.

I rested against the railing and looked down to my hands. The extreme conditions had worked. I still could barely wrap my head around the fact that I could move things with my mind. It just seemed so unreal.

I sighed and shook my head. I was so lucky. The conversation with the Avengers could have gone so much worse. I was so glad that they'd forgiven me and even offered me a place on the team. If someone had told me five months ago that I'd be working for Tony Stark for a few months before becoming an Avenger, I would have told them to stop smoking whatever they were smoking.

I heard footsteps and turned around to face Pietro. I bit my lip awkwardly and half-smiled at him. He half-smiled back at me.

"Do you mind if I stand out here with you?" he asked softly.

I shook my head and gestured for him to come and lean beside me. I leant my arms against the railing and he copied my actions.

We were silent for a while. I wondered if I should break the silence, but I didn't want to say the wrong thing.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked after a while.

I sighed and shook my head.

"I – I was scared," I admitted. "I... I hadn't told anyone, and then we became close, and I didn't want to ruin what we had by revealing that I'd been lying to you. And I didn't want you to think that I'd been using you, because I hadn't been."

Pietro nodded slowly and stayed silent. My grip on the railing tightened in anxiousness.

What if he didn't forgive me? I wouldn't blame him, of course, but I didn't want to lose him. I really liked him, but it wasn't just that. He was my best friend, and one of the few people I felt like I could tell everything to.

Pietro resting his hand on mine brought me from my thoughts. I glanced to him and he lifted my hand from the railing and intertwined our fingers. My breath hitched as he turned me towards him and his thumb began rubbing the back of my hand.

"You know, we were interrupted back at the party," he murmured.

I nodded slowly and his thumb continued tracing circles on the back of my hand.

"You told me that you really liked me, and I didn't get to reply," Pietro continued. "I... Y/n, you make me feel a way I've never felt about anyone. Cliché, I know, but it's true. Normally I'm naturally confident, but whenever you're around, I can never figure out the right thing to say."

I shook my head softly.

"You seem pretty confident to me," I mumbled.

Pietro hummed softly. His hand landed on my chin and directed my head upwards until I was looking at him.

"I didn't know what to say when you told me that you liked me," he said. "I was just going to kiss you in response."

"Yeah, well, words are pretty overrated," I whispered.

Pietro grinned at me and then leaned down. I leaned up to meet him and closed my eyes. His lips brushed against mine softly before he pressed them against mine more firmly. He let go of my hand to grab my waist, and my hands went to his hair. His teeth grazed against my bottom lip and I groaned softly. His hands squeezed my waist and I opened my mouth for him.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"Let me take you out on a date, Printsessa," Pietro murmured. "later today. If you're not too tired."

I chuckled and kissed him softly.

"I'd like that," I said.

Pietro smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"You'd better get some sleep now," he said.

I nodded tiredly and he grinned at me.

"Can I escort you to your room?" he asked.

I nodded and he interlaced our fingers again before walking me to my room. We walked in silence, our linked hands filling the silence with unsaid words. When we reached my room, Pietro kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight, Draga," he said.

"Morning, actually, but I'll let it slide."

Pietro chuckled and kissed my head once more before disappearing into his room.

MY STORY DIDN'T SAVE ON WORD SO I LOW-KEY LOST LIKE 5 CHAPTERS

I AM SO SAD

so this is going to be on pause until I re-write the chapters. It should be less than a week. :/