5

Sebina pulled a black cap with her company logo over her short hair that had now been unbraided, cut shorter and permed. She tucked everything into the cap and made sure that she wore clean overalls that were not torn or stained today because it was her first maintenance day at Sonar Fleet.

She took a taxi to the company location and then paid the driver, grabbing her toolbox from the back. She walked up to the security guards at the gate and showed them her pass before being searched and then being allowed in.

The receptionist smiled at her as soon as she walked in.

"Good day, how can I help you?" she said politely.

"Good day to you too." Sebina couldn't help smiling back at the positive energy this woman radiated. "Im Sebina Molapo. I'm here to see Mr. Bert Acheampong."

"Do you have an appointment?"

Sebina nodded. "I'm not sure but I'm supposed to come and check the fleet. A Mr. Faizal can confirm it for me?"

"Let me check...oh! Right! We've got you here for 11am. You may go in. Here's your access card." The receptionist gave her an access card with her name on it. "Mr. Bert's office is at the top floor, first door to your right. Enjoy your day."

"Thank you. You too."

Sebina made her way to the office, patting herself down as she adjusted the long sleeves of her grey overalls with her company logo on the breast and Fleet Maintenance written at the back. She was finally meeting the man himself! And she couldn't dress up because she wanted to be as ready as possible for today.

She walked up to the secretary and introduced herself before being led into the spacious office to wait for Mr. Bert to show up.

The door opened and in came a handsome silver fox looking impeccable in his custom suit and shoes, his fade in and his black and grey hair neatly combed. The grey and black hair complemented his bronze flawless skin, connecting straight into his salt and pepper beard.

He smiled at her when he saw her, threatening to make her melt into her seat. He had to be almost fifty but she didn't care at this point.

He walked over to her and introduced himself. "Bert Acheampong. I'm glad you could join us, Ms. Sebina. I'm sorry about the previous times i couldn't meet you...I had other matters to attend to."

Sebina swallowed. Loudly. "Um...the pleasure's all mine, sir." She shook his calloused hand.

He looked at her for a while with a soft smile. "Sebina Molapo," he said, smirking a little. "It's been ages."

Sebina blinked stupidly. Did this man know her? "Do I know you?" she asked, looking at their hands still holding. Not that she was complaining.

He grinned. "You don't. But I know you. A few months ago at the Watson Cars show?  And...you  were giving a speech about how to maintain classic cars? If I am not mistaken, you wore a silky skin tight dress?"

She felt color creeping from the bottom of her feet to the top of her head. She thought she had been so boring no one was paying attention to her during her speech. "Um...I'm sorry. I don't remember you."

"We didn't get the chance to be introduced because you were so busy that day. I never saw you again after that."

Sebina nodded with a small smile, suddenly feeling like a little school girl with a crush. "I guess we were bound to meet again at some point," she said as she looked at her hand still clasped in Mr. Acheampong's. He wasn't wearing a ring nor did he have the mark of a wedding band around his finger so that was promising. H quickly let go upon realization that he was still holding her hand.