12

The rest of the day went by without a hitch but Sebina could not get the thought of little Vinter from her head.

She thought she was now over her fear and hatred of kids what with her therapy sessions but when Faizal placed the baby in her arms...she wanted to scream. Because it reminded her too much of how...she tried not to think too hard.

Faizal had tried calling her phone apparently but since she had blocked his number, he had resorted to calling her office line. She answered and when she heard his voice, she ended the call then watched the phone ring.

Someone knocked on the door and she frowned, knowing that it was Saturday and there were no client appointments scheduled.

"Come in," she said.

Bert.

He was dressed in some sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt-probably to hide the marks where she had beat him, a shoe sized box with a dainty bow on it in his arms. He quietly placed the box on a chair and went down on one knee-

"You better not be proposing to me because so help me, Bert," she warned him before he could even speak.

He smiled slightly. "I am not proposing. But I do want to apologize. I know it will take a while for you to forgive me but I want to say that I am sorry about Sameera. I have no excuse for what I did but I am very sorry. I would love for us to try again."

"Bert, that's so sweet. You know what you should do to make me forgive you? Stand up..." she said softly. "Turn around."

He did that.

"Now walk those five steps to my door and out. Don't look back, sweety."

Bert chuckled dryly. "Fine. Fine. But I am still asking for a second chance," he said before grabbing the box.

"What is you doing? I said you can go. Not the box. Leave the box behind."

He smiled, knowing that he had her. Ish. He placed the box back on the chair and walked out.

Sebina grabbed the box and opened it, seeing all her favorite chocolates, biscuits, fruit mixes, candies, all her favorite sugars. She smiled.

"Not forgiving you," she sang to herself as she stuffed a piece of candy into her mouth.

She could not be bought. Especially not with things she could buy herself. It was Bert's thought that counted at this point, not him.

.

As she pulled up towards her house, she noticed the white yaris parked at her gate.

She got out of her car and knocked on the window, prompting the sleeping man inside to jump and look up at her. He rolled down his window before getting out of the car.

"Before you ask what I am doing here, I came to apologize. About the baby and what happened earlier-"

"Faizal, it's fine. Run along and go back home," she said like she was speaking to a child. "Who did you leave the baby with? And you're wasting gas."

She grabbed some money from the pocket of her overalls and moved it towards him.

He stared at her with disappointment. "Don't."

"You need-"

"Sebina, I am not a charity case-"

"But the baby-"

"Stop."

"Faizal-"

"Stop it!" he growled. "Stop it, Sebina. Stop trying to give me money...I do not want your money." He opened the driver's door. "I am sorry about my kid. I realize that you have something against them and I will stop bothering you."