13

"Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen," Sebina said to her laptop, ending the virtual meeting with the four potential investors she was fishing.

Ntai smiled at her as usual. "You did great, madam," he said.

Sebina patted down her hair. "I hope so. If we get the investors on board, we can expand the garage and get more employees for the extra work which means more money."

"We'll keep working on it," Ntai promised. "I have a date to prepare for," he suddenly said.

"When? Who? How? Where?"

He chuckled. "We met at the supermarket. She's a single mom and... I don't know... she's been great so far. Works in marketing for some company."

"How old are we talking?"

"Well, I kind of shocked myself too. She's only a year older than me. She's got legs for days."

Sebina laughed. "Good for you! I'm glad I can finally count on actually becoming an aunt. Go on and get ready now." She dismissed him.

Her phone rang and she answered while going through her business plan that she planned to present in the next physical meeting with the investors.

"I'm listening," she said. She could be informal because this was her personal number.

"You finally unblocked me! Miracles do happen."

"Boy..." Sebina clicked her tongue.

"I am not a boy," Faizal said. "A man. A father. You can call me bread winner if you want to but not boy."

"What do you want?"

The past couple of weeks, she had gotten closer to Faizal and she suddenly did not mind that he was seven years younger than her. The conversations they shared just clicked and nothing was forced. Maeraa had even questioned her about the new dick she was getting when she kept smiling at her phone.

"Its not dick. Just a new friend," she had replied.

"Whoever this friend is, keep them. Bert didn't make you blush like this."

Sebina came back to the present. "Are you going to answer or not, Faizal?"

He cleared his throat. "Wanna eat supper in front of the TV while watching reruns of The Fresh Prince with me?" he quickly said.

Sebina had not heard a thing because of how fast he had been talking. "Huh?"

"Do you...want to eat supper and watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air with me? At my place?"

"Sure. I'll be there at around..."

"I'll pick you up at 5? After work?"

"And Vinter?"

"He's visiting grandma for the whole week. I had money so my mom was willing to take him for the week."

"Ok. Pick me up at 5 then."

.

The padlock of the garage clicked and Sebina turned when she heard the sound of wheels on the gravel. The Yaris made its way over to her and Faizal came out, his beard now considerably bushier and neatly combed, his hair still cut short and wavy. He wore a cheap looking t-shirt and some Chinos and all star.

"Fede (slang for hello)," she said, laughing.

"Heita hola (hello)," he added, placing his arms behind his back and whistling.

Sebina laughed so hard she clutched her stomach as she walked over to the car and got in. She looked over at Faizal with a grin as he drove them to his place.