25

After the talk at the club, Faizal had had to leave before Sebina could reply because there was an emergency at his place. Maeraa had come back almost immediately for gossip and for the first time, she had nothing to say when Sebina told her of her plans.

Now, Sebina was seated in her kitchen, pacing because she had invited Bert over to talk to him.

He arrived at the agreed time, making himself comfortable while she say before him.

"I just wanted to clear up some things between us after you left the other time. You haven't talked to me in ages and I wanted to know what was going on. Bert, what do you want from me? What are your expectations?" she asked.

"All I want is you. Nothing else. Just you," he bluntly said.

"Just my company?"

"Well, that and more but it's all a part of you. Sebina, I didn't know a good thing when I had it and I realised that only after I lost it. I have tried to make amends but nothing has worked so I don't know what to say anymore. I thought Tim away from you would make me feel differently but all it did was worsen the longing."

"Someone told me that they saw you talking to Faizal"

"Well, yes. He wanted to quit his job but he has a kid and no other source of income. I figured it was the anger talking so I talked him out of it."

Sebina stared at him. If he lied, he would make her choice easier. "And there was nothing else you talked about?"

He regarded her for a moment before sitting up properly. "We talked about you. Faizal wanted to know where I stand with you and I told him that I didn't know because we hadn't talked but I let him know that now that he had let go of you, I was planning to pursue you again."

"And that was it?"

He shook his head. "He told me something..." He looked across the coffee table at Sebina. "He told me that you still had feelings for me and he knew it. Is it true?"

"Yes," she said without hesitance.

"Then why the silence?"

"I just didn't want to complicate things because I was with Faizal but being single, I was forced to confront those feelings. Even though you cheated, I still loved you but then I didn't want to break my philosophy-"

"What philosophy?"

"That if a man cheats on me, I'll leave him. I have always honoured that promise to myself since after my ex-fiance and I didn't want to be weak and let another man treat me like trash the way he did. I didn't want you to treat me like trash by going back to you. Cheating is disrespectful and I am ashamed of what I did. Ashamed, but not regretful for kissing you, Bert."

"Speaking of that, what happened at the pool? I know I wasn't the only one that felt something and not just sexually."

"I am still attracted to you but you know that already."

Bert smiled slightly. "But why have you been pretending otherwise?"

"Because I didn't want to be like you. If I acknowledged my feelings for you, then I'd be tempted to act on them and-"

"Let's cut the crap and just get straight into this. Why am I here?"

The doorbell rang and a few seconds later, Faizal walked into the lounge only to stop and stare.

"I thought you and I had a meeting," he said to Sebina.

She nodded and gestured for him to sit down.

He sat in the single seater.

Sebina looked at the two of them and smiled. "You two are very different men that I like very much. But unfortunately I have to pick only one of you here today."

"Is this a game show or something?" Faizal slightly laughed.

She smiled at him. "You got jokes. Alright. Anyway, I have come to a decision."

Bert glanced at Faizal then back at Sebina who cleared her throat.

"I have decided that...if you'll have me, Bert, I pick you."

Faizal blanched. "What!"

"And you Faizal, I also pick you."

This time it was Bert's turn to be shocked. "What in the world-"

Sebina held her hand up to silence him. "I want you both," she confidently said. "Your choice, gentlemen. The door is right there if you do not want this and I will not stop you. If you want to discuss this further, however, you are welcome to stay."

None of the two men moved and Sebina smiled to herself.

The end.

Thank you for reading and yes, the story really ends here. I hope you enjoyed it. Peep peep cheerio, mates🍷🍷🍷

Please join me on the new journey of Tae's A Company by AfricanSotho especially if you love K-drama.