𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧

chapter five
letter at the door

waking up to roses and a note in the morning was not a regular start to the day for elena. it was 12 in the afternoon. no longer morning but still early for her. she was never a morning person.

elena needed to go to the market and buy milk for her cereal and when she stepped outside she saw the roses and note.

it surprised her.

never caught you number. i wasn't sure if you wanted to see me again. thank you for a good day!

i'll be where we were yesterday if you want to come.

H

reading the note had brought a smile to her face. she thought what happened yesterday was a one time thing. a pity hangout for dropping her pasta.

elena had a nice time with harry yesterday. she had someone to be with while her family was out in town.

-

she decided to go.

"elena! you came."

a shout brought her attention. she watched as harry came walking towards her.

it was a cold night on the beach. elena's hair was swept in a ponytail so her hair wasn't to crazy because of the wind but for harry, his was everywhere. even with his hair short the wind moved it.

"i hope you don't mind. i got a reservation at a restaurant near by." harry said as he stood in front of elena.

"is it a date?" she spoke before she could think.

she felt like an idiot. maybe her mind escalated too quick. maybe he wasn't even thinking about it that way.

elena watched anxiously as he pulled a smile. before he could say anything she said "let's go"

-

"i'm an east coaster at heart." elena said while sipping her wine sitting across from harry.

"do you see yourself ever being a west coaster?"  harry asked with his elbows on his table and his face on his palms.

"no. it's a lovely place to visit but i don't think i could ever live there for a long term."

they had been at the restaurant for an hour. they had ordered pizza and some wine.

conversation between them always flowed, never was there an awkward silence but if there were silence it was a comfortable silence.

"new york city is my home." elena said before taking a bite from the pizza.

"when do you go back?" harry asked while grabbing a slice of pizza as well.

"tomorrow."

this would be the last day they see each other. she was leaving back to new york and he wasn't coming. not that he could anyway, it's too early in the friendship to determine if they could meet in another country.

"what brings you to siena, italy?" elena asked a sudden question changing the topic.

"i'm taking time off. just trying to relax and not have to worry."

"that must be nice."

"it is but also boring." harry shrugged his shoulders.

"i want to write music. it's something i've always done and it's strange not doing it."