Chapter One - Best Friends have a beginning.

In the famous words of Jughead Jones. 'I'm weird. I'm a werido' could I be mis quoting? Maybe, but you get the point. But the quote is minuscule compared to my story. Our story.

-Then-

I sat in class listening to Mrs Reynolds, I was the kid that loved school and enjoyed learning even though most of my peers would rather be anywhere but here.

"Can anyone tell me when Kansas became a territory?" Mrs Reynolds asked while writing on the chalkboard. I raised my hand up and stetted out of my seat to answer but my eagerness fell of deaf ears. "Clark." she called on and I sighed defeated, but looked to my best friend at the side of me. My sadness turned to concern because he looked a little freaked out.

"Clark." I whispered loudly, his eyes darted towards me and I flicked my eyes to Mrs Reynolds then back at him.

"Clark?" she asked "I asked if you could tell me who first settled in Kansas." she questioned. Clark looked as her and gasped, he then started panting his head darting everywhere before he covered his ears

"Are you alright Clark?" Mrs Reynolds questioned. But then he ran out of the classroom "Clark! Clark!" she called followed him out. i got up from my seat and did the same. Mrs Reynolds and went to the office. When she came back we had all gathered around the janitors closet and I was trying to talk to him.

"Clark...It's Aria, are you okay?" I asked

"Stand back, Aria." I was pulled back from the door and made to stand with the other students. I glared at her and folded my arms as she started banging on the door.

"Clark, come out of there." she banged furiously I heard some sort of reply but couldn't make it out "Clark I have called your mother." she banged again

"Stop it, your scaring him!" I shout

"Not now, Aria." she huffed banging on the door. She then jumped back in shock and looked down at her hand.

"I'm here! Clark, honey, it's Mom!" I heard Mrs Kent arrived and she made her way through the children glancing at us briefly. "Will you open the door?" she asked kneeing down in front of said door.

"What's wrong with him anyway?" Justin asked

"He's such a freak." Alex added and I turned to them and stomped on their foot hard they winced.

"Your the freaks now shut up you idiots and leave him alone."

"His parents won't even let him play with other kids." Beth Anne continued and I pulled her hair starting a fight which left Mrs Kent to help Clark. I shoved her up against the lockers.

"Aria Astrid!" I punched and kicked the girl. Till I was lifted off and pulled away.

"We do not fight at school or at all. You should know better." Mrs Reynolds scolded me "I will be calling your parents."

"Oh bite me you old hag." I pulled myself away and looked back. Clark came out and hugged his Mom just as I was being hauled away to the principals office. I sat there and watched as my parents were called. Clark came in with his Mom and sat down next to me.

"Aria, what happened to you?" he wondered genuinely confused

"I started a fight with Beth Anne, stomped on Justin and Alex's feet where they were being mean about you." I shrugged "I also might have called Mrs Reynolds an old hag."

"Ari." he sighed "I'm sorry." he looked down.

"Not your fault. Are you okay now? What happened?" I questioned and he looked away. We had been best friends for a while. I was his only friend. Either way despite my age I knew he didn't want to talk about it.

"Uh-oh here we go." I mumble seeing my Mom come in scowling.

"Clark, we're going now." Mrs Kent called. We both got up and I went over to my Mom

"Bye Clark, Bye Mrs Kent." I gave a small wave as Principal Anderson called us into his office. Mom pulled me on to her lap as they started talking about my actions.

"Well Aria, what do you have to say for yourself?" Principal Anderson questioned.

"I'm not sorry, they were being mean to my friend and Mrs Reynolds was scaring him more and making everything worse." I turned to Mrs Reynolds "Your supposed to be there for your students and help them not scare them, what you did was much more worse than the fight I caused because you should know better." I folded my arms and humphed turning away from her.

"Miss Astrid." Principal Anderson started but he was cut off by Mom."

"Go to scold my daughter and you will have a a fight on your hands. My husband and I taught our daughter to fight against injustices and to not back down. She saw an injustice and confronted it, maybe you should be taking a look at yourselves and how you teach the rest of your students before trying to suppress mine. Come Aria." I jumped off her knee and she stood up guiding me out of the office.