Chapter Six - Protect Clark

I returned to Metropolis and back to the Daily Planet. After apologising to Clark and catching up. I found out that the two of us still wore our bracelets, our worn and torn bracelets.

"You better watch out Aria." Steve commented as I made my way to my desk "Hey, Perry's gunning for you. He knows your Woodbury's anonymous source and he cannot wait to rip you a new one." I sigh and make my way into his office.

"I told you not to run with this and what do you do? You let Woodbury just shotgun it all over the internet. Now the publishers want me to sue you." he ranted

"Well they can't cause they'd lose and I'm dropping it." I shrug nonchalantly

"Whoa, just like that?" he questioned

"Yeah, just like that." I answered

"What happened to your leads?" he asked sitting back in his chair and I toyed with a pencil the was on his desk \

"Dead ends, so many dead ends. Smoke story?" I replied gesturing my hands to bolden the lie that I was telling to one of my most trusted peers.

"Or it didn't get the traction you'd hoped?" he hummed

"Who cares, I'm over it." I drawled, folding my arms and looking back up at him. He thought about something.

"Two weeks unpaid, that's your penance. You try something like this again you're done here." he stated, I saw that coming. Perry was like a parent, you screwed up there were consequences. Not steep ones but enough to keep you on the right track and not becoming like a Woodberry.

"Okay." i turned to leave

"Let's make it three weeks since your so willing to agree." I turn on my heal.

"Oh come on." I groan in annoyance

"No, no. Don't. I believe you saw something Aria. Not for a moment do I believe that your leads went cold, not with your tenacity. So whatever your reasons are for dropping it. I think you're doing the right thing."

"You do?" I inquire

"Can you imagine how people on this planet would react if there was someone like this out there?" he thought out loud. I let it soak in for a moment and left, going back to my desk. Yes he was defiantly a parent because he always told you something that made you think beyond what you had been doing.

-----------------------

I was trying to print off an article but the freaking machine wouldn't work. The damn toner was empty.

"Fuck's sake" I mumbled "Does anybody know where we keep the toner cartridges?" I question ask saw everyone pilling into the main offices

"Lane, what have i missed?" I asked as she joined the others.

"It's all over the news. You gotta see this." I make my way over to the tv. There was coverage of a UFO sited in real time. My heart felt like I stopped for a moment and that when the lights cut out. The tv coverage was interrupted my a screeching and static.

"You are not alone. You are not alone." My heart dropped "You are not alone." I repeated on and on.

It's coming in on the RSS feeds and on my phone." Lane commented I screeched again. and a static figure came up

"My name is General Zod. I come from a world far from yours. I have journeyed across an ocean of stars to reach you. For some time your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown he has chose to keep his existence a secret form you." I shared a look with Perry

"He will have made efforts to blend in. He will look like you. But he is not one of you. To those who may know of his current location the fate of your planet rests in your hands. To Kal-El. Surrender within 24 hours...." I moved to look out of the window and at the ship in the sky "Or watch this world suffer the consequences." the voice ended and the power came back on.