~41~

The sun rises as a canopy of gold, bright amid the blue, bidding the stars to take their nightly rest

The sun rises as a canopy of gold, bright amid the blue, bidding the stars to take their nightly rest. Sun rays come as nature's easel, giving brilliant colour to what was hidden even under the passing starlit night. As darkness surrenders, every colour changes from tinges of charcoal to a vibrancy with the bright red sun slowly raising towards the sky.

Juhi kept her hand on Karna's letting him help her down the chariot. She smiled at him reassuringly as they stood in front of the royal palace of hastinapur. Together they moved towards their family, who seemed to be anxiously waiting for their arrival. Maharani Gandhari took their arathi and welcomed them with a smile on her lips.

Two days back a letter from Bhishma pitamaha arrived in Anga. They were asked to visit Hastinapur as soon as possible. The letter was simple and short but the meaning of the words were deep. So the very next day itself they started their journey to Hastinapur. Karna was reluctant to take Juhi along with him due to her weak health but she being as stuborn as him couldn't take no for an answer.

The young couple moved forward and took the elders blessing. Karna advanced towards bhishma pitamah and Dhritarashta while Juhi stayed back with the kuru women. She smiled softly as Gandhari engulfed her in a warm hug. She closed her eyes feeling the motherly love in her hug. Gandhari gently broke the hug and went on to intoduce her to Bhanumati, Duryodhana's newly wedded wife.

The young woman passed her a gentle welcoming smile

The young woman passed her a gentle welcoming smile. Juhi too smiled back. Why not? She won't hate the innocent woman just because her husband is a cruel man. She doesn't deserve to bear the hatred of others just because she married a man who is the definition of evil.

Evil? Well not exactly. She didn't think of him as an evil villan, like the ones she read in books. She knew him and she knew what exactly moulded him into the man he was, now. If possible, if it is not too late, then will try her best to bring him back. And she knew exactly where to start from. Her gaze unknowingly moved towards her husband, who was animatedly chatting with Pitamaha.

"How are you, my child? Are you happy?" Gandhari asked, patting Juhi's hair.

"With the blessings of Narayana, everything is good." Juhi beamed.