~19~

Author's pov

Author's pov

Juhi sobbed laying on the bed. Brick by brick the walls around her heart came crumbling down. Why? Why is it always her? Why is God taking away everything close to her? First it was her parents now it is Karna. Why is her fate so cruel to her? She clutched Karna's drawing to her chest crying her heart out.

Today morning she was so happy that she was marrying the love of her life but it all came crumbling down at the words of pandit

Today morning she was so happy that she was marrying the love of her life but it all came crumbling down at the words of pandit. Why has her life filled with so many miseries? Why is she suffering for no fault of her's? She had always sacrificed her happiness in her life for others then why is she suffering? Why is her life so complicated?

She felt as if someone had poured cold water on her when heard the words of Kunti. How can Kunti tell her something like that even after knowing her love for Karna? Were there love so weak? Can't bua understand that he would die before she could do anything wrong to Karna?

"Jiji" Subhadhra called out as she looked at the trembling figure of her big sister lying on the bed. A lonely tear escaped her eyes at the sight of Juhi. She remember how happy her jiji was when the marriage proposal came but it just took only a few minutes to end. Her heart squeezed in pain as she looked at her sister's trembling form.

Juhi looked at her sister who just entered the room. Juhi sat straight on the bed and wiped her tears even though it was continuously pouring out of eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot because of the continues crying. Her lips starts trembling as she look at her sister. Subhadhra came forward and hugged Juhi. She again broke down in tears in her sisters arms. Subhadhra gently rubbed Juhi's back in an attempt to calm her.

"Shhh jiji please don't cry. Everything will be fine soon." Subhadhra whispered softly.

Juhi sobbed hugging Subhadhra while bhadhra whispered calming words in her ears. They stayed like that for sometime until a knock on the door interrupted them. Both stood up wiping the tears that fell out of their eyes. Subhadhra opened the door and found Krishna standing there with a small smile gracing his lips.

He entered the chamber and looked at Juhi who had her head down. His heart pained as he looked at his sister who had the same teary face which he had seen many years back. He wished for all this sufferings of her to end.