Chapter 4

Hey so sorry it took so long.  One minute my story was not being read at all the next somone was facebooking me telling me that I was number one.   I was like "NO WAY THIS IS A JOKE"  but sooo excited.  So I'll definitely start writing this again, dont worry!  And I won't stop, cause you wont let me :)  Well here yah go, it might not be as good, cause I rushed to get it to you, the next chappy will most likely be better <333

Chapter 4

   “Slow down, girl!”  Kieran shouted, pretending to pant beside me.  I knew he was pretending to be tired for my benefit, even if he knew that I knew…
  Eventually I did ease the pace though.  We had made it to the park that had the tree I had came to when I first met Kieran.
  “I always love to stop here,”  I said softly, keeping my face angled towards the tree to avoid his eyes.  “It’s such a nice place amidst so much hustle and bustle.”
  “This whole neighbourhood is a nice place amidst the ‘hustle and bustle’,”  Kieran laughed.  I glanced at him and caught a glimpse of a gleam in his eye.  He smiled warmly at me.
  “Here, I’ll show you where I always sit,”  I blurted.  I don’t know why I felt safe enough to show him, or to trust him in a tree with me.  But I led him to the tree, climbed it, and motioned for him to follow.
  Apparently he wasn’t so nimble at climbing a tree however, so his foot slipped.  He would have fallen, had I not caught his hand.  Unfortunately I wasn’t strong enough to hold him and me up, so we both tumbled from the tree. 
  I landed with a silent cry on his chest, and I swear I could hear all of the air wheeze out of his lungs.  I was immediately aware of his arms wrapped around me, and I was glad he couldn’t see my beat red face.
  “Are you.. alright?”  Kieran asked, wheezing.  For a moment I didn’t think I was, and I couldn’t speak or even move, but then he spoke again, more worry in his voice then I had ever heard in another boy’s voice whom I had dated.  “Naia, please, answer?”
  Slowly I lifted my head, but as soon as I realized how close we were I scrambled up. 
  Kieran stood too, more slowly though, and dusted himself off.  I could’ve sworn he looked as flustered as me. 
  “Perhaps we should try that again, but… Maybe I’ll go first?”  Kieran suggested, a wry look on his face.
  I just nodded, trying to keep my face from going any redder, if that were possible.
  Thank God, he was much luckier getting up the second time round.  This time he helped me up, out of courtesy, I suppose, and soon we both had comfortable positions on the tree trunks.  I had one knee up, and one leg dangling down, my chin resting on the upraised knee, and Kieran lay back, both legs dangling from either side of the trunk.
  Let me say, he looked dazzling.
  I mentally smacked myself for even thinking that.
  We sat in silence for awhile, just taking in each others presence and listening to the world around us.  The day was extremely warm, the sky completely blue with only a few clouds dotting the sky. 
  I was very aware of Kieran watching me, so I just waited for him to speak first.
  He didn’t disappoint.
  “How do you like living here?”  He asked.  I smiled at the slight awkward edge to the question.
  “It’s really nice, but I prefer more of a country life,”  I replied.  “But my mother doesn’t so, we ended up living in a more cityish area.  I guess it’s a nice medium.  Not too crowded, not too in-the-middle-of-nowhere.”
  “I guess that’s not too bad a deal.”
  “I really want to own a farm when I’m older though, like a real farm, with horses, and cows, and pigs and…”  I trailed off when I realized I was babbling like a fool, my face going read again.
  I heard Kieran chuckle, and my face fell. 
  “No no!”  He said quickly.  “I like it!  I just..  Thought your rambling was, well, cute.” 
  “Oh.”  Was all I could manage. 
  “Your dream is real.  Mine is much more silly you know.  I don’t even think I should tell you it.”
  “Well, I told you mine, I think it’s only fair for you to tell me yours,” I said, eyeing him.
  “Okay, fine,”  Kieran gave in with a slight smile.  “I won’t ask you to promise not to laugh, because I know you will.  I really want to be the guy who trains lions in the circus, and I want to own a bunch of lions and tigers, maybe even some bears.”
  My eyes widened, and for a moment I though he was kidding.  But he looked so sincere.  Like it was really his dream. 
  I burst out laughing and nearly fell out of the tree again.  When I looked back at Kieran, he was sitting upright and leaning forward like he would catch me if I fell.  I wiped a tear from my eye.
  “I’m sorry, you should try to live your dreams,”  I said, shaking from holding back laughter.
  “I don’t think that would be very wise.  I might get eaten by the lions and tigers, and even the bears.  You’re telling me to go for it?”  The gleam entered his eye again.
  “Of course I am,”  I said, suddenly serious.  “If that really is your dream, you shouldn’t let fear rule your life.  Go for it.  At least try it.” 
  Kieran studied me for a few moments, silent.
  “You really are nothing like your brother you know that?”  He said quietly.  Then he chuckled.  “I can actually stand being around you for more then 5 minutes.”
  I stuck my tongue out.  “Try living with him for 17 years.  Crazy!”
  “Well, we should probably get back to him then,”  Kieran sighed, stretching dramatically.  “Although I’d prefer to stay here.”  And then, he jumped from the tree, with the feline grace of a cat.
  “How you managed to fall from the tree is beyond me…”  I mumbled low enough so he couldn’t hear as I jumped from the tree and walked back to my home with the celebrity.