Crazy Notions

**Angela's P.O.V**

I never thought I would experience horror so great that it's paralyzing. Not being able to move or speak but wanting to get involved. Listening to the snarls and hisses makes the danger very present and real. I didn't think that I would ever witness a fight between two vampires. Two opponents with equal strength and it seemed like the fight had been going on forever but it has only been a minute.

A punch to the cheek, a claw to the chest, a deafening snarl. Jesse defends himself strategically, counter attacking his furious opponent. The fierce man dodges a blow to the ribs, grabbing onto Jesse's arm and twisting.

"Jesse!" I yell in horror as I hear the unmistakable pop! of Jesse's dislocated elbow followed by his cry in pain. I find myself reaching out to him worriedly, wanting to help however I can.

The man glances at me before he knees Jesse's back, making him arch and kneel on the floor. He then lets out a snarl while he kicks Jesse in the stomach. Jesse doubles over but lands on his side, almost completely vulnerable. He groans in pain once more as the man kneels over him and punches his cheek once, twice, a third time.

My eyes burn as tears well up and spill over. Jesse doesn't move and I realize that he has been knocked out cold by this villain. The latter begins to slowly rise and as he does, he stares at me with wild, hungry, angry eyes.

I take a step back, suddenly getting the feeling that I am way past in danger. Wild Eyes keeps tracking my every move, but what concerns me more is the unconscious body laying, now behind, the man approaching me. I can hear the subtle growl of Wild Eyes but I continue to watch Jesse's lying form.

    C'mon Jesse, wake up! Heara cries.

Wild Eyes keeps stalking towards me with a predatory look in his eyes. I don't understand why he wants to hurt us. Why? Why here, why Jesse, what did we do wrong?!

He snarls again as he reaches half way. I look at this man's face, scarred across the eyebrow, and see his fangs seep out and threaten to sink into my throat.

A sudden pang of anger floods my emotions. I don't deserve this. Jesse didn't deserve to be knocked out. Heara definitely doesn't deserve to feel this pain.

The only person who deserves anything right now is Wild Eyes, who is now ten feet away from me! I have to do something!!!

Before I realize what's happening, I clench my fists. I can only see red as a wave of rage and adrenaline hits me and I charge towards Wild Eyes.

He hisses and yells, "Filthy hy-!", right as I am about to attack him but in the last minute, Heara takes over, letting out a battle cry of rage and sending me into darkness.

**********

Angela... A voice from afar calls. Angela!... It sounds so familiar but I can't place from where I heard it. Angela!! It's Jesse, wake up! Oh! So it belongs to Jesse, no wonder it's so familiar...but...why does he want me to wake up? I feel so calm and I'm too lazy to get up from wherever I'm laying down. C'mon Angela, I know you can hear me. Darn, now he's coming closer. Don't make me wake you, you won't like how I do it. Hmm... maybe I should just pretend I'm sleeping, he won't know. Dammit, Ange! I warned you.

"Ouch! What the hell is wrong with you?" I nag, sitting up and rubbing my wrist. "You bit me!"

"Yeah, and I didn't want to. Now get up before anyone comes and sees the blood."

My body turns cold as the memories of what transpired only minutes ago come flooding back. I turn to Jesse to find him staring back in sympathy.

"Oh, my God! Jesse!" I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. "Oh, thank the heavens you're okay!"