Dis Me, Kiss Me

In the dark clearing stood the man with glowing eyes. Trees whispered his presence in the night air as the water trickled down stream. He had a bare chest and was in the process of pulling on the sweatpants that had been hidden behind a tree. He walked over to the rock-infested side of the river, crouched down, scooped some water, dribbled it onto his head, then scooped some more and drank it. The beast within him seemed contended with the midnight run for the moment being but he was able to detect a feeling of agitation. He, himself, felt the power growing and so did the rest of his pack.

He cursed under his breath. There was something stirring and he was just pacing in a clearing, looking up at the white globe, and paying no attention to the other pair of glowing eyes. He was being watched, but by who? A friend, or foe? Well, Angela found out soon enough when the man caught the scent of the other being and sprinted in the direction of those eyes. In the matter of a few seconds, he had jumped, transformed into a giant, brown wolf, and tackled the other, darker wolf.

'What the...?' Angela thought. The wolf was only a man before, what happened?

He snarled at the wolf with his paw at the wolf's neck and spoke with his mind but Angela heard him talk quite clearly, which freaked her out a little more. 'I thought I told you to leave me be whenever I go out for a run.' Something about that voice had Angela listening intently, her mind unconsciously noting the masculine lilt. She quickly forgot about her anxiety.

Another voice spoke up in the same form, the darker wolf was responding. 'Hey, I'm only following orders from Alpha. He knows you have a feeling and he trusts his fighters with everything he has... just not during a full moon.' 'So he sent my best friend to keep an eye on me and make sure I don't kill anything important?' Angela was confused and a little peeved. She was confused for hearing wolves talk but felt the brown one's peeved mind as well as his rising anger. Somehow, she knew that the moon increased all emotions and felt connected to it in some way. Perhaps it was the feel of the dream. 'Yes, it's just the dream,' she told herself.

The darker wolf gave the brown one an awkward, sheepish smile. The brown wolf hefted an animalistic sigh and cantered to the other side of the clearing, wetting his coat as he crossed the river. Angela was able to sense the change in territory; she felt a little safer. 'Whoa, that's not our territory!' the darker wolf tried to dissuade him from crossing the territory line by listing all the possible outcomes, all containing a gruesome death as the ending. It took the brown wolf a second to realize that the occupied territory belonged to vampires. It took another couple of seconds for Angela to realize where it was she was dreaming of, instantly fearing what had already transpired. She felt both her heartbeat and his quicken.

The brown wolf bolted back across the river, running into his friend and bounding towards the pack house. 'It is blood stealer's territory.' he informed the darker wolf. 'Those damn vampires have territory right next to us, the only buffer being the river. I don't like that.' His voice was drenched with anger. It was obvious he hated being neighbors to vampires. As Angela saw from his eyes, her heart began to hammer louder than the rhythm of his paws on the forest floor. She felt isolated and trapped, not being able to escape leaving her home in another's body.

Next thing she knew, she was the half-naked human body of the brown wolf in a study room. He was looking at somebody who was sitting at a desk, analyzing some papers. Her view changed and she was now right next to the desk, but not in the wolf's body. He spoke up, "Alpha, I found another buffer, a river surrounded by stones. When I crossed to che-"

"You crossed the line?" boomed the Alpha's voice. She felt the anger and authority in it and wanted to cower under its presence but her dream wouldn't allow that.