Questions

See "UPDATE!!!" when you're done... That's a new note!! :D

Enjoy!

**Samantha's P.O.V**

"You rode in a van?"

"Yeah, why?" Angela says as I tie off her hair.

Normally, the council sends a car, not a van.

She turns to face me. 

"What was going on when they picked you up?" I ask, feigning curiosity.

"It's kind of hard to remember but... there was.. a group of men, huddled above something on the ground. It looked like they were examining whatever was there and... a lot of people were hurrying back-and-forth like something needed to be done."

I wonder if she changed into her vampire form without even knowing it. If that happened, she could've done anything, I mean, why were there so many people around?

I can only think of one reason why men were huddled above something on the ground...

"Is that usually what happens?" she questions, breaking my daze.

I look up at her, then look at the clock on the wall. "Uh- yeah, I think so- You know, we've been through a lot today. We should go to sleep, It's already midnight." I say, changing the subject.

"Oh wow, I didn't even notice. I guess I am kind of tired." she says, yawning.

That was fast.

"Alright, get yourself comfortable and I'll turn off the light." I give her a weak smile.

I go into bed and place my hand on the light switch. Angela does the same, getting comfortable in her bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

With the light off, I stare at the ceiling. Why would they follow a different procedure? I've never seen them act this way with a recruitment unless--no, that's not right. It doesn't make sense that she would provoke such a reaction. I know that something important happened to warrant the van, and the fact that she doesn't remember what took place makes everything worse.

That means it was so traumatizing she doesn't want to remember. Honestly, I kind of wish I could do the same...

And why didn't they let me see her until recently? It's not like she's hiding something important; they know she's adopted and that she's been in a good home for the majority of her life, so she has no reason to lose control. They know who she is, so maybe that has something to do with it. Obviously, Jesse thinks she isn't a threat, otherwise he wouldn't have let her stay.  

But the blood and the fact there were multiple people suggests something else. It only takes a few people for the pickup crew and recruitment, what she described was something out of an investigation show... it was like a crime scene.

She couldn't have hurt anyone—not in her normal state.

I realize I've unconsciously gotten out of my bed to pace a groove into my floor. I become aware of the tension in my shoulders and that I've been gnawing on my thumb for a while.

I have so many questions about her pickup. There are so many holes in the details; I need to figure this out. It just doesn't make any sense.

But I don't want to wake her up, she's probably dreaming by now.

How can she do it? If I were her, I'd be thinking about what happened. Oh, wait.. I am thinking about what happened.

Ugh, I can't rest, which means I'm going to crash some time tomorrow... I might as well spend my night in the kitchen.