Be Mine

**Darren's P.O.V**

I just lay there with my eyes wide open and my mouth slightly parted in disbelief.

How could this happen?

I won' t be able to find that out looking like an idiot while staring at Angela.

This is weird, way too weird... How did she know that would happen?

The question fogged up my mind as I lay...comfortably...with Sam in my arms? My heartbeat quickens when I look down at Sam.

Gosh, she looks so peaceful, so...beautiful.

I break the silence, unwilling to go through this without knowing this is actually happening. "Angela..." My voice comes out sounding husky and way lower than expected. I cough and try to clear my throat.

Looking over at Angela once again, her countenance shows just as much surprise as I feel.

"Yeah?" she whispers.

"What the hell just happened?"

"I believe you just found your true love..."

"Wow..." I sigh as I try to soak in what she just told me. I have a true love? I always doubted it. What with all the flirting I pull off with a lot of hot girls, I didn't think I had one. I scoff at her and look at her with an eyebrow raised. "I highly doubt that."

Keeping her arms crossed, Angela shifted to one side. "Everyone has a true love, even a player."

At least she knows I'm a player.

"That can't possibly be true"

"You were pretty angry with the doctor..." she trailed.

"That could mean anything." I counter

"Exactly."

"C'mon, you can't possibly believe that laying on the bed next to the girl I always argue with and apparently soothing her pain on the spot means that I'm her true love and she's mine." Saying that all in one breath with a hint of annoyance seems harsh, I know.

Damn, she just won't stop will she?

She just looks at me as if I'd slapped her on the cheek.

Damn it, stop being an ass for no reason, Darren.

After internally scolding myself, I take a deep breath. I have to say something that'll distract her.

"How did you know?" I wonder out loud, feigning defeat in the argument.

"I don't know, I just... felt it." She quietly says.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She shrugs, "Intuition, I guess." her mouth curls up in a smile as a realization hits her.

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I ask, "What? Is there something else?"

"Oh, my gosh, YOU LOVE HER!" she whisper-yells.

"I-What? No, I don't know- I don't even- what you're talking about- maybe I just- huh...?" I stammer, my eyes blinking in astonishment.

"You said it yourself. You flirted with me just to get her mad, I think that counts as love."

"How does revenge count as love? Wouldn't that be considered hate?"

"Not if you apologize, which, let me remind you, you did. Like five minutes ago." she's practically jumping by now.

" Well what i-"

"AND, you practically jumped to her rescue when you heard her scream." she interrupted me, her voice a small whisper once she mentioned that scream. Angela looked down and her smile turned into a frown.

TemptationsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara