Never Alone

**Samantha's P.O.V**

"SAMANTHA!!" Angela screams in my ear.

"AHH!!" I yell in surprise, blinking my eyes back open and getting ready to Karate-chop somebody. "What? Are you alright? Who's dying?!?!" I ask all at once, now fully awake.

She just laughs and points to the corner of my mouth while handing me a napkin.

"Y-You h-have something th-there-" she informs between laughs. 

"What?" with confusion, I touch my mouth, only to be embarrassed to find drool rolling down the side of my chin and everyone watching. Quickly, I grab the napkin and wipe it off, my cheeks burning. "It's not that funny..."

In an instant, Angela stops laughing and shows the worry in her eyes. "Sam, are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry. I just didn't get any sleep last night."

She places a small hand on my arm and says, "You weren't, by any chance, with a guy?" a hint of a grin playing on the corner of her lips.

"Now that you mention it... I guess I should tell you." I reply, deciding to play along, raising an eyebrow. Her eyes grow wide and she begins to smile with excitement, her teeth showing.

"Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?" she repeatedly asks, now beginning to jump in her seat.

"His name is Night."

"That's a cool name. He could totally be your night-in-shining-armor." she nudges my elbow "What's his last name?"

"Sky." 

"That's cool too!...Night Sk-wait, you were on the roof weren't you?"

Giggling, I nod my head and her eyes narrow like daggers. As I avoid her death-stare, I shyly eat a spoon-full of cereal and Angela stabs her French toast, cutting and eating it with anger.

Just then, Darren walks into the dining room and tenses up when he sees me but continues to the fridge.  I watch as he pours himself a glass of milk and heads for the unclaimed plate of warm French toast. Sensing my stare, Darren looks in my direction, our eyes locking for a brief moment before I look down at my cereal, now oblivious to everyone around me.

"Hi, I'm Darren." he says as he offers a hand to Angela. She looks at me in surprise then quickly drinks her orange juice to wash down the French toast and takes his hand in a firm shake.

"Angela." she says with a half-smile. 

Oh, no. She thinks he's cute.

"I've heard a lot about you. Everyone's been told when you came but I didn't imagine you being so adorable in PJ's." Darren said with a certain, too familiar twinkle in his eyes.

Rolling my eyes, I join into their conversation. "Really? During breakfast? She's only been here for eight hours and you're already flirting with her." and he was still holding her hand, never wasting a glance my way.

Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear and slightly blushing, she replied with, "It's okay, Sam, It's nice to be complimented on." 

"Yes but not by him. He's a man-whore, Ange." 

Angela kept her smile but pulled her hand away and faced me. "There, no more flirting. Now-" this time she was facing Darren, "-If you can excuse me, I must get ready to meet with Marie for some clothing." 

She made a way of picking up her plate and cup but Darren grabbed them instead. "I'll wash them, no need to worry." 

Without hesitation Angela half-sprinted to the room to get dressed, my eyes following her in disbelief. I turn to see Darren smirking at me, the dishes completely forgotten.