Chapter 17

A/N- Part of this chapter is inspired by stalkingwindowopp

Also sorry for so many POV's This chapter. I just wanted to lengthen the chapter. 

Nick's POV: 

Kiddo and I were making homemade mac'n cheese. 

The boys were at the kitchen table while kiddo periodically corrected their work. 

She would write down instructions and it was like everything just clicked for those kids. 

Jade and Iris even came over once they found out everyone was getting help. 

Garren all of a sudden burst out laughing. 

He said something back in sign language. 

I really need to learn. 

Her face got all red. 

"What did she say?" Ezra asked. 

"Sorry, but that's between us. It's our inside joke now." He said grinning. 

"I want an inside joke with Bean!" Caleb whined. 

"Yeah me too." Arlo added. 

Ezra's POV: 

I saw Bean laugh today. 

I was really surprised to see her laughing after what happened, but it was really nice to see. 

I want to see it more often. 

She explains things in a way that makes total sense, but not for everyone. 

If I don't understand how she explains it the first time she can just completely switch how she said it. 

She can do this so many times for different people. 

I don't understand. 

Our teachers can't even do that. 

"Bean can you help me with this part?" I asked. 

"And then me?" 

"And then I need help." 

She's just been running around the room trying to help everyone. 

"Ok new plan. You guys are gonna start with the classes you have in common with each other. Then Kiddo you can write the instructions on this whiteboard so you don't have to write it out a bunch. Then answer questions here too so everyone can see. The move onto assignments and classes others don't have together. Better?" Nick explained. 

I think he saw her social battery getting drained. 

This was a lot better. 

✨The next day✨

River's POV: 

Sage hit me yesterday. 

He punched me in the face giving me another black eye. 

I can't believe I'm related to that misandrist. 

He was saying more shit like the others. 

No one is off limits to me. 

Especially not her. 

Xander, Ezra, and now Sage have made things so much worse for her. 

Maisy's POV: 

I thought Nick or Drew were supposed to pick me up today since the other fosters have basketball practice.

A/N- Should it be basketball or another sport? Anyone have an opinion?

I'm trying to find someone I know. 

I want Zero or Sage, but they're very timely, so I doubt they're not already at practice. 

I decided to just try and find the gym since the halls are empty now. 

All of a sudden I'm being pulled into an empty classroom. 

I look at who it is and see River. 

I can't do it again. 

I try pulling my arm away, but he tightens his grip on me. 

I can feel myself start shaking. 

I hate how weak I feel. 

"You're mine now. No one here to save you this time, so let's have a little fun." 

I want to scream, but that always makes things worse. 

But maybe things are different now. 

He's touching me. 

I don't want to be touched ever again.

"Please stop..D-don't.." I choked out. 

"Oh she speaks." He grinned. 

He put one hand under my shirt, while the other held me by my hair so I wouldn't move. 

My knees are about to give out. 

"Fuck." I heard someone from the hall say.

All sounds are getting hard to hear. 

Suddenly his hands are pulled off of me. 

Although the one on my hair yanks me down to the ground with him. 

But I'm quickly picked up and set on my feet a little bit away from the commotion by Xander's friend Emmett. 

Emmett is talking to me, but I don't hear anything. 

I see Xander beating River up pretty badly. 

I faintly hear Emmett say "Stay here." 

Xander's POV: 

"Xander go with Bean. You can't get in trouble again. You'll be taken away from Nick again." 

I was blinded by rage. 

I don't know why, but I was more than usual this time. 

I know he's done stuff to other girls, but the fact that it was to Bean makes it worse. 

I've hardly known her for a month, but for some reason it's so much worse. 

I get off the ground where I was just punching him over and over again and I go over to Bean. 

She was just standing there wide eyes, but they were blank and full of tears. 

"Come on Bean we gotta go." 

For the rest of the night she sat on the bleachers with me while the others had practice. 

I told the couch I would just be watching today cause I "Twisted my ankle." 

He didn't buy it, but also knew something had happened when I had a crying little girl by my side, so he only questioned it with one word. 

"River?" 

I nodded and he left it at that. 

Zero tried to come and see what was wrong, but she clung to me like everything else was poison even Zero. 

Zero. 

Her favorite. 

I guess it was just the right time right place for me to be.