Chapter 2: You

*Slight TW! Fight scene*

Your eyes scanned the crowd, looking for that one unsuspecting victim.

Bingo.

Your eyes lock on a well-dressed man on a shiny new iPhone 13. He was the perfect victim because he would have a loaded wallet, be unsuspecting, and hopefully, just brush a scum like you off.

Walking over, you squint at a sign and pretend not to see him. You bump into him and slip your fingers into his pocket, grabbing his wallet. He looks down at you and grabs your wrist.

"Give it back, you thief." His eyes glow with anger.

"W-What do you mean?" You try to make your voice as innocent as possible.

"My wallet. " He grinds out, his eyes flashing dangerously.

"I-I don't know what you mean." You say, looking away. His hand tightens painfully on your wrist.

"Where is it you scum? I know you have it. I felt your grimy little fingers in my pocket." He pulled you closer and grabbed your chin.

"I don't know!" You said, spitting in his face. His eyes grew wide, and his hand flew back to hit you. Ducking out of his grasp, you sprint off to the side. You can hear him as he comes after you. His breaths were hard and hot.

Looking behind you to see how close he was, you tripped on a curb. Flailing forward, you land heavily on your stomach. The air flew out of you and your eyes watered. The man planted a knee in the center of your back, further cutting off your airflow.

Becoming desperate for air, you flip over and try to remove the man from your back. After flopping around enough, he finally fell off of you. Sucking in deep breaths, you tried to stand up and run again, but he came and tackled you from behind.

You throw a punch behind you and, it connects with his face. He let out a grunt of pain and fell back slightly. You tried to scramble out again, but he slammed your head into the ground.

A crowd had gathered around you by now, and they were whooping at the man. He slammed your head down again, and stars sparked before your eyes. One last time he rocketed your head down, you let out a yelp of pain. He finally flipped you over and sat on your chest.

"Where is the wallet?!" He asked loudly, his eyes shining in bloodlust.

Your eyes drifted to the crowd and searched through the faces. They stopped on an unusual pair of dark red eyes. That was only seconds before you fainted.