Chapter 8: You

You let out a sigh when Sukuna leaves. Who was he? Why did he come? Why did he save me? A million questions run through your mind, but one sticks out the most. Why me?

Why would such a gorgeous man save me? Maybe he was just worried about me? No, he told me it kills him to be away from me.

Ugh!! Why do men have to be so difficult?! You seeth in your mind. IN the middle of all of that thinking another visitor was at the desk.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, but visitor hour is over." A nurse tries to console.

"No, I'm sorry, I don't think you understand how much I need to see them." The visitor snaps.

"Fine, but only for a little bit." The nurse snapped back. When you finally jump out of your thoughts in frustration, you look over to the door just as your friend Nobara Kugisaki bursts in.

"Y/n!! Are you alright?" She throws herself onto your bed and scoops you up in a hug. "Oh, I'm so sorry I couldn't come sooner." She says quickly.

"I'm okay, Nobara. Don't worry." You reassure with a weak smile. She leans back to look at you.

"Oh, you look like you got hit by a bus." She mumbles, reaching out and softly touching our head. "Whoever did this is going to die tomorrow." Nobara pledges loudly, getting up and placing her hand on her heart. "I, Nobara Kugisaki, swear to you, Y/F/N Y/L/N, that I will avenge you." She looks at you with a grin.

"It's fine Nobara, I think he is hurting pretty bad." You say having heard what Sukuna did to the guy.

"Still, he's going to be hurting even more." She vowed looking to the door. "I'm staying with you overnight." She whispered, walking closer. She got back on the bed and settled next to you.

"Thanks, Nobara." You whisper back, snuggling closer to her. You and Nobara have been best friends since before you could remember. Snuggling in a bed like this was normal for you, you'd done it so many times before.

"Hey, you need to leave." The nurse that let Nobara in came to yell at her. You look up at her with a pleading look.

"Please don't make her leave, I hate being alone." Your voice broke a little as tears sprang to your eyes. The nurse stared for a minute before her eyes softened.

"Oh fine, you poor dear." She frowned and walked out, closing the door behind her.