2

the bell rang, students hastily getting out of their classroom and scattering around, walking to their next destination.

some went to cafés, diners, the mall or even mini-dates with their significant other.

but not you. you started walking home, but as soon as you stepped out of the school building, a raindrop hit your forehead.

fucking great...

you thought, your day getting worse by the minute.

you sighed as you pulled your jacket's hood over your head, the cold air and the now heavier rain hitting your face, making you regret your existence.

a familiar car drove past you but you kept walking, longing for the warmth and comfort of your blankets.

"l/n" you heard a monotone voice yell, grabbing your attention.

you looked at the boy that was poking his head out of the van as he watched your soaked self walk closer.

"get in" he said after a sigh, although to you he sounded like he really didn't want you to.

"it's fine, i-" you started talking before a loud thunder cut you off.

you watched the rain get even heavier in silence, rodrick watching your trembling hand slowly reach for the door handle.

"thanks" you mumbled, sitting down on the passenger seat.

you felt the seat getting soaked as you sat down, watching the road in silence feeling bad about the poor seat covers.

you'd occasionally watch rodrick drive, finding the silent glare he gave every other car hilarious.

it wasn't long before he looked at you as well, your eyes locking for a split second.

you'd think that was super romantic?

no. it was embarrassing, but your stomach rumbling loudly in the awkward silence of his car was even more embarrassing.

he glanced at you again, chuckling, making you look down. your cheeks got tinted with a light red, making rodrick laugh more at your current situation.

"shut up..." you looked out of the window, hoping he'd never mention that again.

he kept driving in silence and a few minutes later, your stomach rumbled once again.

instead of laughs and chuckles, you heard a little drawer open up and next thing you knew, a snickers bar hit your head.

"ow... asshole" you scoffed, watching rodrick's smirk fade.

"I heard that..." he mumbled.

you started eating the candy bar, letting out a hum in response. the drive home went silent again.

rodrick parked the car and turned to look at you.

"thank y-" you started to say, truly grateful for him giving you a lift, but he cut you off.

"just get out..." he said. you could see his smirk, his soft chuckle.

you knew he thought it was funny, but it really wasn't the day. you felt embarrassed once again and he noticed.

as soon as he let another chuckle escape his lips, you opened the door and got out of his car, rushing to your house.

he watched you from afar and you heard him call out your name, a hint of guilt in his voice.

rodrick didn't know how to feel after that. he saw you slamming the door after you walked into your house.

although he knew you were embarrassed, feeling guilty didn't stop him from keeping the small smile, or smirk on his face.

"oh wow, that's a rare sight" his mom grinned as soon as he walked in the house.

"what got you smiling?" she asked, rodrick feeling himself tense up.

"I uh... don't know either." he answered. it's not like he knew anyway.

his mom chuckled as rodrick started walking towards the stairs leading to his bedroom, still smiling to himself.

"I saw her" Greg stopped him halfway to his room.

"saw who? your imaginary girlfriend?" rodrick attempted to talk back to his little brother the smile on his face fading away.

"no, yours." Greg said, only to earn a slap on the back of his head from rodrick.

"I just gave her a lift... I don't even know her" he spoke, walking to his room again.

"then get to know her" Greg rushed into his room to avoid rodrick hitting him again.

---

you sighed as you slammed the door, taking off your muddy shoes.

"mom said we're going to that house again" your little sister started running around your house, excited.

"I'm not coming... but you have fun" you told her with a soft smile.

"come~" she whined, hitting your leg.

you picked her up, carrying the 6-year-old to the kitchen.

"my day was horrible, please don't make it worse" you said on your way to the kitchen and she clung to you, chuckling.

"pancakes" she spoke and buried her face in your hair.

you sighed, mumbling a soft "sure" and started making the little demon some pancakes.

---

rodrick's mom walked into his room, finding him lazily tapping his drumstick, trying out new rhythms.

"didn't you lecture us about knocking a while ago?" rodrick spoke, taking his gaze off his drumsticks.

"rodrick honey, did you drive y/n home?" his mom asked, excitement in her voice.

"so what's the big deal?" he asked after a soft sigh escaped his parted lips.

"you're making me so proud... turning into a little gentleman." Mrs Heffley said with a smile.

"mom" he strictly uttered.

"right, sorry. the neighbors are coming for dinner this Saturday... that means no water park, no band practice and absolutely no arguing this weekend."

rodrick scoffed, slowly tapping his drumstick, a quiet sigh coming from his mom.

"I'm asking you to not get on bad terms with y/n. she seems like a great girl" she tried to lighten up the mood, smirking and nudging rodrick playfully.

"mom, gross..." rodrick fake gagged, putting his drumstick down.

"just don't mess things up. her parents are amazing people." his mom said, walking out of his room, leaving the door wide open.

"great" rodrick mumbled to himself.

he got up and shut the door, then laid on the bed, on his back. he sighed, thinking about his day, about his music, about y/n.