3

Saturday afternoon, your family visited the heffleys. Mrs Heffley greeted your family at the door and rodrick followed right behind her.

"my prince" your little sister spoke after a dramatic gasp, making rodrick chuckle.

she ran to him, wrapping her little arms around his leg tightly. rodrick greeted the rest of the family, patting your sister's head gently as his eyes scanned around, trying to spot you.

your sister reached her hands out to rodrick, asking him to pick her up as everyone walked inside the house.

"aren't you too old for that?" rodrick chuckled, his words turning your sister's smile into a pout.

"my sister picks me up..." she said shyly.

"then go get your sister" rodrick tried to avoid the situation, only for your sister to cling to his leg, pouting even more.

"oh my g- come here, princess" he spoke as he picked her up, carrying her to the living room.

"you're so pretty..." your sister mumbled as rodrick sat down, letting her sit on his lap.

she reached up and gripped rodrick's nose, bringing his face closer to take a good look at it.

"you're so prettyyyyy~" she screeched again, holding rodrick's cheeks tightly in her small hands.

rodrick chuckled, taking her hands in his. the moms started setting the table and everyone gathered around, rodrick's dad talking about Plainview with yours.

rodrick finally put your sister down on a chair and everyone started eating, the adults talking nonstop.

"you're in the same class with my daughter... no?" your dad asked rodrick out of the blue.

rodrick shook his head silently, taking another bite of his food.

"but you're in the same school... right?" your mom sweetly added.

he nodded, adding a fake smile and your dad spoke again.

"does she have any boyfriend I need to know about?" he asked, a playful smirk on his face.

"y/n? no" rodrick answered, trying to hold back a chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure I see you driving her home every day" Greg said from the other side of the table.

"I'm pretty sure no one asked you" rodrick spoke up, giving a glance at Greg.

"rodrick, are you and my daughter close?" your dad asked, putting his fork down.

"no. I just drove her home a few times, that's all" rodrick looked up at your dad that was giving him a strong intimidating look, making him tense up.

before anyone could say anything, the doorbell rang and rodrick's dad immediately turned to him.

they weren't expecting anyone else so his first thought was that rodrick had planned another band practice.

"I'll get it..." rodrick got up, wanting to get away from the awkward situation he was in.

he walked to the door and slowly opened it, only for you to softly smile at him from the other side.

you were wearing a black, long sleeve, knitted dress that went down to your mid-thighs. rodrick's eyes scanned your outfit, smirking when his gaze hit your black fishnets and combat boots.

"came to see me?" he said, smirking, averting his gaze back to your eyes.

you chuckled as you walked past him, mumbling a soft "I'm hungry" on your way to the table.

"somehow I'm not surprised" he chuckled quietly, walking beside you.

"shut up... what's for dinner?" you asked, looking for the dining room.

"chicken" rodrick mumbled as he turned you around to lead you to the table.

"fuck yeah" you spoke, a bit louder than usual.

"y/n. language" your dad strictly said and you chuckled, taking a seat next to Manny that was watching you in awe.

rodrick's mom left to get you a plate, Manny immediately crawled on your lap, tugging your black dress.

you started eating, holding Manny on your lap as he played with your hair.

you realized he was half asleep when he rested his head on your chest, tugging and playing with your dress.

"look at you, all dolled up" your dad said and you looked up at him, your mouth stuffed with food.

"oh yeah, such grace and delicacy" rodrick sarcastically spoke, a smirk on his face.

you stepped on his foot as hard as you could, rodrick letting out a loud groan that made Greg, Manny and your sister laugh out loud.

after you all finished your food, rodrick's mom and yours went to the kitchen, occasionally coming out with pieces of chocolate cake, serving Greg first, then the toddlers and dads.

"Manny fell asleep?" rodrick hesitantly asked you as you kept rocking him in your arms.

you looked down at the sleeping toddler, his face nuzzled in your chest and his hands around your waist.

you nodded at rodrick and you both chuckled at the toddler's closeness.

rodrick sighed and took Manny off you, his hands unintentionally brushing on your chest as he picked Manny up carefully.

you knew it wasn't on purpose but the contact made a shiver run down your spine, making you tense up for a few seconds.

what the hell was that?

you thought and chuckled to yourself as your little sister took manny's spot on your lap.

rodrick came back and you all started eating dessert quietly, the adults talking to each other about things that you probably didn't care about.

you noticed rodrick leaning down to you but you didn't think anything about it before his hot breath hit your helix.

"give me that cake" he whispered in your ear and you shivered, pushing manny's piece towards him.

"thanks for having us" your dad spoke up and you looked at him.

"the dinner was delicious" your mom added and gave you a glance that made you get up from your seat, holding your little sister up.

she immediately grabbed rodrick by his cheeks winning a soft "nooo I don't wanna go..."

rodrick let out a chuckle before he kissed her cheek, your sister staring at him in awe.

"goodnight princess" he added and your little sister hid her face in her hands, giggling.

rodrick chuckled again and you fake gagged, earning a "shut up" from him as he stood up.

you both started walking to the door, putting the kid down and you hit the back of his head, making him flinch a bit.

as you walked to your house, holding your little sister's hand, you looked down at your free hand.

the one that hit rodrick's head.

you expected his hair to be soft but why did it feel so nice?

physical contact isn't so scary now? or is it just rodrick?