18

rodrick

come over
now
pls

you chuckled at rodrick's messages, getting up from your bed, starring at your phone screen like a dork.

you quickly picked an outfit and fixed your hair. you put some eyeliner and blush on, making yourself feel prettier than ever.

 you put some eyeliner and blush on, making yourself feel prettier than ever

---

Greg walked past rodrick who was sitting on the couch, waiting. the smell of heavy cologne quickly hit him as he observed rodrick's appearance.

"you have a date?? mum will kill you" he spoke.

before rodrick could answer, you knocked on the door making him jump up from his seat.

"I'LL GET IT" he shouted, rushing to the front door.

"RODRICK HEFFLEY YOU BETTER NOT HAVE FRIENDS OVER" his mum warned him in an aggressive tone before you peeked your head in the house.

"I can just go..." you mumbled, putting on a dramatic sad frown.

"what?" rodrick quickly turned to you and grabbed your wrist, pulling you to the basement.

you looked around, spotting rodrick's dad sitting by the kitchen table with a newspaper folded in his hands, looking serious as always.

"hi Mr heffley" you smiled warmly as he waved back silently.

"don't let Greg in my room" rodrick spoke loud enough for his parents to hear.

"honey, don't you want any sna-" he gently pushed you in his room and slammed the door before his mum could finish her sentence.

"so rude..." you chuckled, sitting on the edge of his bed.

you've never been in his room before, so you took some time to adjust and take in everything first.

"should we start?" rodrick sat next to you and nudged your side, making you snap out of your thoughts.

"yeah... we can start with the experiment today, if you have the materials" you turned to him, locking eyes for a quick second.

"oh... yeah" he spoke after observing you for a bit.

"I'll get the salt" you got up from his bed and started walking out of his room.

"yes ma'am..." rodrick's words let a soft chuckle escape your lips before you disappeared upstairs.

---

rodrick quickly got up and closed the door, hurriedly picking up trash and clothes from the floor and bed.

i definitely didn't forget to clean up my room...

he thought as he sprayed some cologne around. he took a deep breath to relax, only to breathe in the strong scent of his sandalwood perfume.

rodrick rushed to the window and quickly opened it, coughing violently. he flopped back on his bed when he heard you coming down the stairs, leaving the window open.

"oh wow..." you mumbled to yourself, the sandalwood immediately hitting your nose.

"what?" rodrick got up and closed the door and you looked up at him as you sat on his bed.

"something smells nice" you teased him, handing him the salt and water.

rodrick only chuckled before he begun the experiment, leaving you watching him from his bed. you watched him plop next to you and the room went silent for a moment.

"are you better?" you mumbled, playing with your fingers.

"what do you mean?" rodrick tilted his head, his eyes scanning all over you.

"about Heather and all..." you looked up at him and caught a glimpse of disappointment in his face, quickly replacing it with a soft smirk.

"yeah, I'm better after all that cuddling" he spoke teasingly.

you nudged rodrick's side as you both have each other teasing looks. you laughed to off and leaned on one another, but quickly realized how close you were.

"and I still didn't get paid for that. or any of this" you complained.

"like hell you'll get paid..." rodrick chuckled and watched you abruptly tilt your head, giving him puppy eyes.

---

a knock on the door was heard and you watched as it opened wide and hit the wall.

"hi baby..." you smiled softly, watching the toddler run in.

"no. come on, get out" rodrick moved his hands around to kick  Manny out, only for him to cling on your leg.

"how can you kick that sweet little thing out?" you pouted playfully, picking Manny up.

"are you serious?" rodrick watched you closely.

"he's harmless" you chuckled and started playing with Manny on your lap.

"mum there's a roach in my room" rodrick shouted.

you laughed and hit rodrick's head gently, making him chuckle before you locked eyes for a second.

rodrick's mum walked in, startling you and you put Manny down, staying close to rodrick.

"do you want any snacks?" she grinned, looking between you and rodrick, happy about the comfortable closeness.

"no, we're good" rodrick nodded and she took the hint to leave. "I'll check on the water" he added and got up from his bed.

---

"come look at the water" he spoke after some minutes of silence and you stood up, lazily walking to rodrick's mini cooler.

"it didn't freeze" he smiled excitedly.

"I know" you simply responded, his childish excitement making your lips curve into a smile as well.

"look it's like snow" he observed the ice carefully as you sat back on his bed.

"not even a little reward for tolerating you?" you joked and rodrick sat next to you, a smirk on his face.

you looked up at him, only to get attacked and headlocked. rodrick gave your cheek the sloppiest kiss, making you scream in terror.

you felt rather relaxed and warm, despite your cry for help. rodrick pulled away and you both burst out laughing, staying closer than ever.

"it's getting late" you chuckled and got up, escaping rodrick's grip.

"why not stay over? it's Friday" he spoke softly.

"I'll have to ask my parents..." you confessed and he chuckled, sitting up straight.

"you parents kinda don't like me..." he smirked, your eyes pinned on each other.

"definitely not... let's finish that project and maybe I'll stay over?" you chuckled and sat back next to rodrick.

"sounds good" he smiled, silence filling the room once more as you worked on finishing the project together.