We rewrote the stars

(Requested by SapphireDraken173)

⚠️Warning⚠️:parental abuse, cussing - also, this is 3 years in the future

It's been a week since Luz Noceda has been able to talk to her long-time enemy to best friend, Amity Blight. It all started when Luz went over to Amity's house. There was an upcoming abominations exam, and since Amity was so good in her track, Luz asked if they could study together.

Amity, being the gay disaster that she is, immediately accepted the offer, and invited Luz over to her house, forgetting that her parents don't exactly approve of their youngest daughter hanging out with a human that 'can't do real magic'.

Then Luz, being the dense and oblivious bisexual she is, walked up to the front door and was met by Amity's mother. To say the least, this interaction didn't end well, and, unbeknownst to Luz, Amity was severely punished for inviting the human to Blight Manor. She wasn't at school the next day. Take with that what you will.

Luz kept her optimism and figured that she must have been grounded, but the voice in the back of her mind told her that she wouldn't be missing school, even if she was grounded. When Amity did return to Hexide, she avoided Luz like the plague. This didn't blow over well with the Noceda, so one day she cornered the Blight and tried to figure out what was wrong.

Unfortunately, history repeated itself, and the only excuse she could provide was that Luz wasn't strong enough to be friends with a Blight, such as herself. Luz didn't buy it, but let her go, seeing that Amity just needed some time. They had been friends since they were 14 and Luz had seen the first scenario play out—although it was as a memory—so she just let Amity breathe, as much as it pained her.

Fast forward to the present, where Luz is still giving Amity space, and both of them are slowly falling apart. It seems that the entire school knows that they have a crush on each other, but they haven't done anything about it. They even flirt and joke about making out or... you know. 

When another student asked Amity about all this, her exact words were, "It's totally platonic." All that Luz had to say was, "It's easier if I let the tension subside." With a shrug and her usual grin. (A/N: I'm sorry I had to 😂)

Luz was getting tired of this avoiding each other thing, and decided that she would corner Amity again to see if she could help. She had seen Amity in a few of their shared classes and at lunch and from what Luz could tell, Amity didn't look very happy at all. So, she devised a plan to get Amity to talk to her. This included getting Willow and Boscha involved, so that they could get Amity where Luz was going to be and then keep her there. Luz decided for a slightly more violent and much sneakier approach instead of just pulling her aside somewhere. Why? Because she thought it was cool.

So when school let out that day, Willow and Boscha—being the power couple they are—went to go lead Amity to an empty classroom where Luz would be waiting. Once she was in there, Willow would block the door with her plant magic, and, according to Luz, BAM! Problems solved.

It was all going according to plan. Amity was walking with Willow and Boscha and they were just outside where they needed to be.

"And why do I need to go in there?" Amity asked the couple.

"Well, you see, someone was being a jackass threw my potions book up on top of the cabinets, and I need you to get it with your abomination," Boscha shrugged.

"Boscha your girlfriend literally bends every plant to her will and you ask me to get your book?" Amity was frustrated to begin with, but this just ticked her off more.

"Oh, yeah," Boscha looked at her girlfriend with mock surprise. "Well, since you're here, do you mind just getting it?"

"No," Amity said bluntly, giving Boscha a look of disinterest.