Shy Firsts

Hello, friends! In honor of it being almost one year since I started writing fanfiction (and since I haven't posted on here in over 9 months), I've decided to upload some of my other works onto here! For those who don't know-which is probably most of you-I'm most active on my AO3, and there are a ton more one shots up there. And, if you've read my longer work, Bad Romance, there are like six or seven more chapters posted. Even if you don't have an account, you could go check it out! Username is still justaluzbian.

And without further ado, have this continuation of the Daydreams and Sleepless Nights timeline!

It was the middle of summer in the Boiling Isles, and true to its name, it was ridiculously hot.

Luz and Amity were relaxing together under the grom tree, enjoying the slight cool that the large shadow provided. They were having a cute little picnic date, courtesy of Amity. What? They loved a good picnic!

"I reaaallly want to cuddle you," Luz voiced. "But I think I might actually combust."

"Yeah, it's a bit warm isn't it?" Amity agreed, tugging at the collar of her shirt. "Unfortunately, this is quite typical for the Boiling Isles."

"Ugh, how annoying," Luz groaned, falling on her back atop the blanket. But just as quickly as she fell, she shot up, a familiar smile making its way onto her face. "Wait! I have an idea!"

"What's your idea?" Amity smiled warmly at her girlfriend.

"Well, we can either go back to the Owl House, or we could go to the beach in the human realm," Luz grinned, already knowing what her girlfriend's answer would be.

Sure enough, Amity's eyes lit up, but she tried to hide her excitement. Luz could, obviously, see right through it.

"Do you have a swimsuit?" Luz asked.

"Um, no," Amity deflated a bit. "Well, I do have one. But I wore it when I was very little and I highly doubt that it would still fit me now."

"That's okay!" Luz waved it off. "You can just borrow one of mine!"

Amity blushed and her muscles tensed. "Me? Sharing clothes with you? Running around on a beach... laughing?" She paused and took a deep breath. "Okay!" Her voice was high pitched and squeaky, but Luz just smiled.

"Then let's pack this up and head on back to the Owl House!"

And pack up they did. In no more than five minutes, everything was shoved back into the basket and the couple was skipping down the dirt path, hand in hand.

"Hey, Luz?" The witch spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"What's the human ocean like?"

Luz paused to think for a moment. "Well, it's really big. And really deep in some parts," She backtracked that statement when she saw the look of terror on her girlfriend's face. "But not where we're going!"

"Okay, good," Amity sighed in relief. "I'm not sure how well I can swim. It's been a while since Willow and I took those lessons at Lake Lacuna."

"Don't you fret, my awesome girlfriend! I'll show you how!" Luz declared with gusto. "Also, the water is really salty, so it helps you float!"

"Why is it salty?" Amity tilted her head in confusion.

"Huh," Luz stopped in her tracks. "I actually don't know."

Amity giggled. "That's okay, Luz. We'll figure it out when we get there,"

Luz brightened and continued her walk. "Good idea!"