A fidget cube and a friend

Sorry about the long time between updates! I've been really focused on my book lately. (It's called Bad Romance. Shameless self-plug. You should totally check it out.) But this one's a long one, so I hope you enjoy!

(Requested by Flameriser18)

Third Person P.O.V.

"Jessica! Jamie! Get down here or you're gonna be late!" Luz yelled up the stairs at her son and daughter—twins, who had just turned six and were about to embark on their first day of school at Hexide in the baby class.

Jessica barreled down the steps, nearly falling at the bottom if it weren't for Luz catching her. Jessica was a very outgoing and peppy sort of kid. Although she shared the appearance of her mothers—with Amity's golden eyes, slightly lighter skin than Luz, and a beautiful shade of brown hair—she had a personality similar to that of her human mother's. But when it came to working or solving a problem, she had Amity's dedication and drive. And of course, she was very smart, just like Luz and Amity.

"Careful!" Luz picked up her daughter and gently placed her back down soon after, making sure she didn't fall to the floor. "Don't need to be getting hurt on your first day of school."

Jessica was holding her arms out for balance, but she looked up into her mother's face with a huge smile. "I can't wait to go and learn all the magic, just like you did!" The six-year-old was very determined to do just as Luz had done and take all of the tracks so that she could be a 'super witch'.

"You'll have it easier than I did because you," She booped her daughter's nose. "Have a bile sac!"

Luz felt very lucky that both of her children were born with perfect little bile sacs that would allow them to perform magic just like any other witch. But there was no doubt in her mind that they would also be learning glyphs from their human mother because, as they've learned, glyph magic can be extraordinarily useful.

"Why don't you have a bile sac, mama?" Jamie, the boy twin, walked down the stairs with a lot more reserve than his slightly younger sister.

Jamie was a quiet and shy sort of kid, but once you got to know him, he had as much—if not more—energy than his human mother. He also had the appearance of a Noceda, but a personality all of his own. He wasn't exactly an introvert or an extrovert. He fell somewhere in between, and was a bit more lazy and calm. He was very intelligent, but Luz and Amity were starting to think he may have ADHD with how hard it is for him to sit still and pay attention to things.

"Why don't I have a bile sac?" Luz clarified, looking to her son for confirmation.

"Yeah," Jamie nodded and jumped down the last step, craning his neck to look his mom in the eye.

"Well that's simple!" Luz chuckled and picked him up, tossing him in the air which made him giggle. "I'm a human!"

"Please don't drop him, Luz," Amity was leaning against the doorway to the kitchen with a little grin on her face.

"And why would I drop my little man?" She set him down, but he reached his arms back up, asking for more. "Not right now buddy. You guys gotta get ready to go to school!"

"That's right," Amity smiled more and went to kneel in front of her children. "You get to go to Hexide today, and learn magic from the best teachers there are."

Amity was, of course, referring to Willow, who, to no one's surprise, went into teaching simple plant magic at elementary level classes, as well as advanced plant magic in the afternoons for the high school area of Hexide. Willow also had a kid with Boscha the same age as Jessica and Jamie. Luz was hoping that her kids could become just as fast friends with them as she did with Willow.