XXXI

"So what did you and Alpha Clara speak about when you were alone?" Revion asked his mate as they lay together in the bed.

"She wants to form an alliance with us."

"That is great. It is much better than going to war. I knew you would be a great Luna," he smiled kissing her forehead.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes lighting up at the praise.

He grinned, "Of course. You were chosen for me."

"She thinks that there was some weird sect that poisoned you or made the poisons. The uh Red Sect? I am not sure, she was so excited and speaking so fast I struggled to catch some of her words. Oh and she wants me to cuddle your wolf."

"Is that all-"

"I know its weird. I do not know why she would tell me to do such a thing. It is probably uncomfortable for you," Elise rambled.

She felt so uncomfortable herself. Why had she said that last part about cuddling his wolf? It was not normal. She did not know of anyone who did that. Maybe it was because she secretly wanted to. She wanted to pat and stroke her mate's soft fur and wrap her arms around him. The picture in her head looked well it looked like something she liked. She had seldom seen his wolf. Maybe it was because he did not want her to feel jealous or maybe it was because she never asked.

"You really want to?"

"No no. Ignore what I said," she said flustered.

"Why are you trying to take back what you asked. I do not mind shifting for you. If anything I wanted to do it with you. I just did not think you would want to."

"Why did you not ask me then?"

"I did not think you wanted to. But it makes sense that Alpha Clara would encourage doing such things. Their pack is traditional, in the sense that their traditions align with mine too. Of the packs I have met they seem to be the most similar to the old ways," he said.

Elise frowned, "But they are not traditional. They have a female Alpha."

"Is that strange? I do not see why it should not be normal."

"I guess. It has never been that way in my pack. They pass over women who are born to the Alpha family."

"That is not right. Now can we try cuddling please. I want to get closer to you."

Revion was desperate. He wanted to connect with her. He had been struggling to fully do that. He needed to get a stronger bond with her. They would both benefit from it greatly. It could help her emotional state a lot. He was certain at times she was bordering on depression, if not crossing into that threshold. According to his friends, 'she had a definite case of PTSD and needed to get help'. 

He began to shift. His body morphed into that of a wolf, his clothes disappearing during the transformation. The fur grew out of his skin whilst his eyes darkened to brown. His hands became paws.

He watched his mate. He could not remember shifting in front of her. She had only seen him as a wolf in their dreamspace. 

He saw her slowly crawling closer to him. Her eyes were wide and filled with curiousity. Her hand outstretched towards him. Compared to his giant wolf, the hand looked so tiny. He felt it on his fur. Her fingers melted into his fur which stuck up between them.

Her fingers left small tingling sparks on his skin where she touched. He was frozen as the young woman explored his fur, stroking it and twirling it between her smooth fingers. It was a feeling like no other, pure bliss. He was certain her little wolf inside of her was ecstatic. He could picture the pup-sized wolf running around in circles inside her. Or maybe it was curious, testing out the feeling of touching him. 

It hurt knowing he would never get to feel her wolf outside of the dreamspace. But she was enough for him. She was special. He did not need her to be able to shift. He enjoyed her just as she was. 

He laid down on the bed. He crossed his front paws and rested his head on them. It felt really good to be back in his wolf form. He ought to have shifted more often.

Elise leaned against him, her fingers braiding his fur. Her head laid on his chest. He felt so warm and fluffy. He was like a giant teddy bear. Clara was right, it felt rather intimate. It was pure and calm. She was silently connecting with her mate. It made her heart swell, there was nothing like it. She was happy and had never been so at peace before. 

Her thoughts were quiet. For once she was not crowded by the screaming thoughts and ideas and turmoil in her brain. She could relax and be with him.

He let out a low growl, encouraging her to lie down and go to sleep. She rolled off him and crawled closer to his curled, crescent form. Her body melted against the shape. She yawned, tired. He smelled like the forest. Her sense of smell was weak but his scent was strong enough to smell. But it was not overwhelming. It was soft and gentle. It was the forest in the morning right after stormy rains. It was wet and fresh, beaming with life. 

That said, she hoped he did not plan to go out in the rain in his wolf and come trotting back to bed all wet and muddy, then she would definitely kick him to the floor. No matter how much she loved him. That or she would run a towel through his soaked fur, carefully cleaning the mud off his padded paws.

The idea of getting closer to his wolf was thrilling. She wanted to experience more of him and make memories with him. She loved him.

.                                                              .

A/N

Thank you so much for reading and for suggesting this idea for this chapter. I hope you all liked the bonding in this chapter. I want to flesh out their relationship a lot more later. But also please do not expect chapters to come soon. I am not doing amazingly and my writing has definitely taken a hit because of the stress. I might edit this chapter in the future.

Your support has meant a lot to me. All the comments make me happy and excited to write.