XXXIV

"So what now Elise? Are you going to have me killed for injuring your precious mate and you?" Rene snarled, responding to the Queens threat.

"My Queen, I suggest you leave now," Chandler said, he could see it. Rene might as well have been going feral. A previously submissive and shy little girl had boldly slapped her through the face, slapping her hard enough to leave a red mark.

Elise frowned, "Why should I leave? I am the queen. I'm trying to better myself. I need to be here—"

Chandler glanced at Rene and then the King, "We need to take her to the dungeon for interrogation. It would be best that you go back for now. Alpha Clara and Lauren should be missing you."

"Chandler... I get it. I am a weak queen. I can't fight, I can't defend myself. But my own mate was harmed. I WAS NEARLY KILLED! That woman terrorised and tormented me. She broke my spirit to the point where I might have been nothing. I deserve to be present. I don't want to be weak and sheltered," Elise protested.

"Elise... stand down. It would be better for you to go rest now," Revion said kissing his mate on the head. "Thanks for your contribution but I would like it if you don't overextend yourself. You're not used to asserting yourself, you need some rest."

Elise faltered. Her mate looked her in the eyes with concern. He knew it was hard for her. It was like he could tell her hand was stinging from how hard she had slapped Rene, although it certainly had felt good hearing the loud echoing sound of her palm meeting Renes cheek. She wanted to feel like he just didn't want her to have power... but she knew it wasn't why he said that.

He was worried for her. He knew how scared and shy she normally was, that this was out of her comfort zone and that confronting a woman who had hurt her so much wasn't easy.

"Elise you say you beat me and all but look at you. So weak... all you do is let your mate and everyone else boss you around. Such a pathetic queen."

I glance at Rene. "I'm sorry." I give a small polite smile, the smile I usually give when I want to be nice but I don't want to be nice. "Revion... you are not to get in my way." I speak boldly. I can hardly believe it... asserting myself is... its unfamiliar.

"Elise, I'm not letting you near this insane woman!" Revion growls.

I glare at my King. "I don't normally get in your way. So this time, I'd prefer if you didn't get in my way. I have words to say to her."

I can see him conflicted. He steps towards me and leans down. "A single hair harmed on your head will mean I am not letting you out of my arms for a week. Understand."

I try keep my cool, to stay in control. But I want to blush so much hearing those words coming from the lips of my mate. I really would hate to be taken everywhere in his arms like a doll... but his warmth around me all the time... I must focus though.

"Rene. I am your queen. I stand here while you are in chains just waiting to die. How ironic... you certainly can do nothing but bark. That's what is truly pathetic. If I wanted I could use my army, its under my control too... I could have you whipped and beaten near constantly. But I'm weak... so hmm you'd heal easily. You'd keep healing and getting hurt. It would be quite endless... Rene you aren't going to die. That's my decision."

I hear murmurs behind me and Rene laughing.

"Not kill me! Haha what a weakling you are—"

I smile at her. "Because why kill you when I can just make you miserable. Think about it... dear... I have so much control right now. You can't beat silver. You will pay for all you've done. You committed a crime... many crimes. I'll make you pay for them all. Each and every one of them. I wonder how many girls suffered what I did before me? How many girls did you abuse and treat like they were nothing? You cried and screamed I guess. I guess you played victim. I doubt a single search party came for me."

I can see Rene looking terrified. She knows shes done for. I won't make it all easy.

"You are meant to be a nice pushover! You are Elise! You are nothing! Y-You—"

I go cold in the face. "Who said you could use my name, criminal. I am Queen to you. You are to remember that. I am your Queen. I control your life. If I tell you to bow, then you bow. If I tell you to crawl then you'll do it. But I mean weren't those all things you once made me do in your little dares and "luna orders". I'm going to have fun Rene. I'm going to make you a miserable as you made me while I was your little tag-a-long and charity 'omega' and punching bag. Do you understand?"

Rene yells. "You're nothing! You're worthless!"

I smile at her, innocently. "But I have power and you do not. So which of us is actually worthless. You're merely a pretty girl with nothing left. I am a queen with everything and more to come. What you have done is let your arrogance and pride become your personality. Its sad and sick."

I turn to the King. "I've said what I wanted to. Now please can you take her to a dungeon cell that is well-guarded and ensure I'm granted access to visit her. I have more to do and say. But I won't let her be happy. I won't let her get away after all she has done to me."

.                   .

Hey!!! I'm so sorry it's been so long. I've been more writing my drafts that won't ever be published than writing on my published books.

I've also had some issues... sometimes feeling insecure about my writing.

But I'm feeling a bit better now. I won't guarantee any soon updates. But I'm not dead and I do still read all the comments on my books. And if you liked this chapter please do tell me... it makes me very happy when people do.

I hope you like this chapter... its been months I know.