XV

A battle between Lunas. Elise was terrified the moment those four words were uttered. She couldn't fight to save her life. Ironically, she would have to, if she wanted to live.

How was she supposed to defeat a raging she-wolf who was raised in a Beta family and was mated to an Alpha. She had a wolf as well— She could shift! Elise felt doomed. She could not fight and she could not shift. She had no wolf strength on her side, only the about average or below average healing abilities of a wolf and some of the endurance. None of that would be worth anything against a she-wolf who had all of those abilities at their best potential and she had more than just those abilities, she was fast and powerful. She had the advantage without a doubt.

"You should know I won't take surrender as an option. You like history and books so much then you know how the traditional Alpha fights were."

Elise was even more terrified. Those fights were beyond brutal. She was going to be torn apart.

"For the sake of fairness I won't shift. Only because I want you to know how truly weak you are when you lie in pieces at my feet," René scoffed glancing at her nails, nails which had lost their perfectly manicured french tips.

That was just a lovely thought to know that she, Elise, was about to be marinated, torn apart and squished at the hands of René. Elise had no doubt that René was capable of all of that.

Elise could feel her bones shaking. In the forest she had at least had a tinge of hope. Against René she had nothing. Nothing at all.

"Begin!"

René pounced at her.

Elise ducked with a scream and began running.

"Running away from a fight? You are a complete coward Elise!"

Elise truly believed that as well.

"Your mate must be so disappointed in you," René taunted Elise, cornering the teenage queen.

Elise didn't know if she could respond to that. He always seemed so proud of her. He would never be disappointed in her.

"Imagine the shame he must feel at having a helpless mate."

Elise believed that for a moment. A moment.

"I am not helpless."

"That's funny."

"Its not. I might not have had the strength to stand up to your bullying but tell me who went into the place even warriors were too afraid to go. None of you dared to even touch the wall or look at it."

"Words are not going to save you. They are not stopping in. It's a Luna on Luna fight, the same as an Alpha on Alpha fight. For us, the winner gets the king and decides his fate. Will he live or die."

Elise ducked as the knife was thrown at her head.

She grabbed it from the wall and I'm a moment of utter madness she ran at René and stabbed her shoulder.

Elise stumbled back at the sight of the blood. Strangling Stella was one thing. She had no real intentions to harm her but she had just stabbed someone.

"You little! How dare you!"

Elise saw the claws on René's fingertips. Her nails had grown into sharp deadly claws. Claws that were going to tear her into pieces.

Elise knew that being the girls minion had been a mistake, a big mistake. If she had just stayed away from her her life would be better. It would be horrible but Revion would be peacefully— peacefully asleep like snow white or sleeping beauty.