🍁 New Book, Some Changes 🍁

Seeing as we count December as 2022, next year, the next Seasonal Contest will be held in a brand new book, which is now published on our profile! We hope to see you there ❤️

We plan on making a few of changes, and thought we'd let you know:

1. GOLDEN BOOK. We have always had a Golden Book winner, and are not planning on removing this privilege. However, the criteria for getting Golden Book will be changed slightly. Instead of choosing the highest scoring book, we will pick the 3 top books. Then, our best judges (which we will choose after looking at the feedback they provided to the participants) will be asked to briefly look over the chosen books and read at least two chapters from the beginning, one from the middle and one from the end. They will vote for the best out of the three and the book with the most votes will be declared Golden Book! This is so that judging is as fair as possible. The more opinions on a book, the more accurate the outcome is.

2. JUDGES' PROGRESS REPORTS. This season, although we took extra measures to ensure judges would not back out, we still had problems. Two blocked us unexpectedly, one had to withdraw. Therefore, instead of just sending reminders to the judges like we did this fall, we will ask them to give a weekly progress report. This will include how many books they have read thus far and how many they left feedback on. Now all that's left is for us to keep our fingers crossed that next season will go smoothly.

3. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We will still offer feedback to anyone who wants it. However, this will now become an option instead of being a package deal with entering in the contest. If you can't handle constructive criticism and are looking only for compliments, then please do not ask for it. Ask for feedback only if you can handle it— and appreciate it— because judges put a lot of effort into it. Whether you choose to get feedback or not will not affect your score.