Chapter 4

"Amma! Appa!" Mukti called out to her parents as she entered Murthy Mansion with Abhi.

"Muku? Abhi...tum log aa gaye?" A woman greeted them. She was Naina Murthy, Mukti & Nandini's mom.

"Of course Amma...Nandini aa gayi kya?" Mukti asked.

"Nahi kahan?" Naina frown. "Itne waqt baad aa rahi hai...yeh nahi ki jaldi aa jaaye. Paata nahi kaha ghum rahi hai yeh ladki."

"Relax Amma, aa jayegi." Abhi chuckled. 

"Haan....waise bhi tumhari choti beti ko aadat hai apni man marzi karne ki." A man said, as he walked down the stairs.

"Appa..kaise hai aap?" Mukti hugged her father, Vishnu Murthy.

"Thik hoon, teri behen ki intezaar mein pagal ho raha hoon." Vishnu said. "Lekin usse koi farak thodi na parta."

"Traffic mein atak gayi hogi.... I think airport ke raaste pe bohot traffic hai abhi." Mukti defended her sister.

"RAJKUMARI NANDINI BADHAR CHUKI HAI!" At that moment, Nandini entered and spread her arms out, announcing her arrival. Both Naina & Vishnu were very happy but quickly masked their happiness. Mukti ran to her sister and squeezed her tightly.

"Nandu!!!" Mukti ran to her sister and squeezed her tightly.

"Didu! I missed you so much!" Nandini exclaimed. 

"I missed you too!"

Nandini then turned to Abhi who was admiring the sisterly bond. "And what about you? Miss me Jeej?"

"You know I did Babydoll." Abhi gave Nandini a side hug.

"Ahem!" They all turned to the stairs and saw another girl about Nandini's age. She was none other than Navya Kapoor, Mukti & Nandini's cousin. Navya stood at the foot of the stairs with both her hands on her hips, tapping the floor with one foot. "How rude! Main kuch kehti nahi hoon, doesnt mean tu mujhe bhool hi jayegi!"

"Arre meri jaaneman!" Nandini walked over to her. "Main...aur tujhe bhool jaun? Aisa kabhi nahi hoga....woh kya hai na mujhe meri jaan pyaari hai."

"Nandu!" Navya smacked Nandini's arm.

"Navu!" Nandini did the same. They glared at eachother and then burst out laughing.

"Guess what?" Navya asked. "Maine teri room ko puri redecorate kardiya hai. Dont worry, I kept all your favourite things...lekin 2 saal ho gaye hai, update toh banta hai...right?"

"Haan agar tu keh rahi hai toh-" Nandini then saw her parents. Vishnu turned and left the room while Naina just stood there. After a minute, she also turned to leave but Nandini ran up behind her and wrapped her arms around. "I missed you Amma."

That was it, as much as Naina was upset with Nandini...she is a mother after all. All it took was one hug and she melted. Turning around, Naina kissed Nandini on her forehead. "Meri bachi...tune hume ek baar bhi phone kyun nahi kiya huh? Aise koi ghar chodke jaate hai kya?"

"Im sorry Amma." Nandini grabbed her ears. "Maaf kardo..."

 Naina smiled and wiped Nandini's tears. "Kiya maaf."

"Appa abhi bhi naraz hai na?" 

"Tu apni Appa ko jaanti hai na? Tu sabse choti hai isi liye woh tujhe sabse zyada pyar karte hai...haan abhi thoda naraz hai par dekh lena, jaise meri narazgi gayab ho gayi vaise tere Appa ki bhi narazgi aise choomantar ho jayega." Naina explained.

"Nandu...tu jaa ke Appa se baat toh kar." Mukti adviced. Nandini nodded and then went after her father. 

In Vishnu & Naina's room, Vishnu stood staring out the window. Nandini slowly walked up to him. "Appa? Maaf nahi karoge mujhe?"