Chapter 12

Nandini rolled onto the side of the road as the truck drove off. Nandini had her eyes shut closed but she could feel the other person ontop of her, his breathing on her face. Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw....Manik. (LOL Yes I know I mentioned in Mafia Bride that the main guy saving the girl was cliche but truth is...sometimes cliche is good. I just didnt want Manik saving Nandini in BOTH stories as I had this one planned out before hand.)

"Manik sir...aap yahan?" Vicky asked as he and Zoya ran up and saw Manik. 

*Flashback*

"God Manik...look how many stitches you needed." Abhi shook his head. "Kya ho gaya tha tujhe?"

"Nothing." Manik replied shortly.

"Acha forget all that. Lets go home." Cabir said. 

"Yeah lets.....wait, phone kaha hai mera?" Manik looked in his pockets and couldnt find it.

"Oh shit...I think woh Nandini ke paas reh gayi." Mukti replied. " Actually I gave it to her jab hum yahan aa rahe they."

"Thats ok...hum kal le lenge usse." Abhi said.

"No..I need it now. What if I get an important call?" Manik said. "You guys go home..main Nandini se apna phone leke ghar aata hoon."

"But your hand..." Navya pointed out.

"Ill be fine."

So while the others went home, Manik went back to the office where he found out Nandini & Vicky went to a restaurant.

*Flashback Ends*

Manik got up and helped Nandini up. "What the hell is wrong with you? Itni badi truck tumhe dikhai nahi di? Kuch ho jaata toh? Tumhe chot lag jaati toh?"

Nandini opened her mouth to say soething but Manik kept talking.

"I mean, tum itna irresponsible kaise ho sakte ho? Raaste ke beech mein LaLaLa karte hue chalte jaa rahe ho."

"I wasnt LaLaLa ing. " Nandini spoke up. 

"Really...after everything I said, THATS all you have to say?" Manik gave her a look.

"Actually sir, its not Nandini's fault." Zoya spoke up. "This is a no truck zone....uss truck ko yahan hona hi nahi chahiye tha."

"Yeah and the stupid driver didnt even stop to see if Nandini is ok." Vicky added. Manik thought about it and found that weird.

"Tum dono ghar jao. Ill drop Ms Murthy off." Manik said.

"Ok sir. Take care Nandini." Vicky and Zoya went off. Nandini turned to Manik.

"Sir...aapne Vicky ki sawal ka jawab nahi di. What are you doing here?"

"You have my phone." Manik replied. Nandini's eyes almost popped out as she realized and quickly took the phone out of her pocket but the screen was cracked.

"Oopsi..." Nandini felt bad. Manik however, only noticed that her forearm was bleeding. He grabbed her hand and pulled her closer, making the phone fall from her hand to the ground...shattering the screen more. "Oh no! Aapka phone."

"I dont care about the stupid phone...your arm is bleeding Nandini!" Manik scolded her. He took her to his car which was parked across the street. "Chalo doctor ke paas chalte hai."

"Sir..this is just a scratch." Nandini assured him as she sat in the passenger seat of his car.

"You made me go."