Chapter 18

"Shit shit shit....Nandini." Manik whispered.

"Haan..." Nandini whispered back from under the table. 

"Main jaa ke unn dono ko distract karta hoon. Tum jao aur washroom mein chup jao...tab tak Ill get rid of them." Manik replied.

"Ok..."

Manik got up and walked upto his brothers before they could come to his table.

"Hey! Guys tum dono yahan?" Manik asked. He purposfully walked around them so they would have to turn their backs towards Nandini to face him.

"Tune bola tha....client ke saath meeting hai? We figured hum bhi mil lete hai...tere uss...CLIENT se." Cabir replied. Nandini took this opportunity to crawl out from her hiding space and she ran to the washrooms which werent that far so she could still hear them. She hid behind the wall as Cabir & Abhi walked over to Manik's table. "Vaise....where is the client? Aur...naam kya bataya tha tune?"

"Main...woh...naam?" Manik was at a loss fro what to do as they didnt seem to want to leave. "Her name is....Petrov....Mrs Petrov. She just....stepped out for a phone call."

"Hmmm..." Abhi & Cabir looked like they didnt believe him. "Why didnt you tell us about this meeting?"

"Because....she's.....crazy!" Manik lied. "Woh na aadmiyon ko dekh ke pagal ho jaati hai. Flirts and throws herself at men. Tu shaadi shuda hai aur Cabir you have a girlfriend isi liye tum dono ko involve nhi ki. I mean....Id stay away too lekin she's an  important client so...."

"Acha?" Cabir raised one eyebrow. "Hum bhi toh mille...iss pagal client se."

"But..."

"Relax...we can take care of ourselves." Abhi assured him. Manik sighed in defeat not knowing what else to do.

"Oh No...yeh Jeej aur Cabir Bhai toh jaane ka naam hi nahi le rahe hai. Looks like mujhe kuch karna hoga." Nandini thought to herself. She looked around and saw that across from the restaurant was a thrift store. She slowly picked up a menu from an empty table and used it to block her face then snuck out the door as Cabir & Abhi were talking with Manik. Then she ran into the thrift store and started getting what she needed.

In the meantime Manik tried getting Cabir & Abhi to leave but they wouldnt and insisted on waiting. Finally about 20 minutes later, Nandini entered the restaurant in a completly different getup. She was wearing a retro polka dotted black & white dress, her makeup was done in all black and she wore a large...VERY large hat on her head that covered 50% of her face. Oh and she also stuffed a pillow in her dress to look pregnant. Nobody would be able to tell it was her.

"Im so sorry Darling! I took too long didnt I?" Nandini walked upto Manik and spoke in a thick russian accent

"Im so sorry Darling! I took too long didnt I?" Nandini walked upto Manik and spoke in a thick russian accent. Manik, who didnt recognize her just stared. Nandini realized this and turned to Cabir & Abhi. "Oh hello Darlings! Im Mrs Petrov....Maria Petrov."

"What the...yeh fake client asli kaise ho gaya?" Manik wondered as his mouth fell open.

"Um....Hi..." Abhi shook her hand confused. They were so sure the client didnt exist but here she was.

"Excuse me...uff.." Nandini nudged Manik and pretended to hold her stomach as she sat down beside him. "So...Mr Malhotra. Wont you introduce me to these two handsome men?"

Manik was still very confused. "Uh...."

Nandini raised her hat slight and winked so only Manik could see. Manik's eyes widened and he finally recognized her.

"Yes....Mrs Petrov....Of course Ill introduce you." Manik said. "They are my brothers. Cabir & Abhimanyu....and guys, this is Mrs Petrov."

"Maria! Maria Petrov." Nandini added.

"Yeah...Maria Petrov."

"Hello....Mrs Petrov" Cabir greeted her.

"Pls call me Maria." Nandini said. The guys smiled awkwardly. "Oh my...arent you two just so yummy!"

Manik held his laugh in as Cabir & Abhi looked uncomfortable. 

"Mr Malhotra...now you've made things so much more harder for me."

"What do you mean?" Cabir asked.

"Well now I have 3 hunky chunky men to choose from!" Nandini said.

"Hunky?" Cabir whispered to Abhi.

"Chunky?" Abhi whispered back. "What does that even mean?"

"Um...choose for what?" Cabir asked.

Nandini sighed and placed rubbed her fake belly. "For my baby daddy of course."

"EH?!" Cabir & Abhi were shocked while Manik was dying on the inside. 

Nandini leaned in towards the guys and whispered. "Im not really married...my good for nothing loser boyfriend ran off with his sister. I mean...she is hot so I dont blame him. But he forgot his luggage."

Nandini pointed to her belly. "So now Im looking for a man who can be the father of my baby and my husband. Currently my brother is filling that role but he has a wife and kids of his own so that cant work forever..."

With each word, Cabir & Abhi looked more & more horrified.

"Originally I had my heart set on Mr Malhotra here....but now that Ive seen you two-"

"NOOOO!!!!!!!!" Cabir & Abhi Yelled out loud. The whole restaurant looked to them They bth stood up.

"Oh look at the time...I have to go!" Cabir looked at his wrist which did NOT have any watch. Then he ran out.

"Im married!" Abhi just yelled out before also running away. 

"But what about the other one?" Nandini called after. "Wait! You didnt take my number!!!"

Manik was now laughing hard he couldnt breathe. Even Nandini burst out laughing once Cabir & Abhi had left.

"HAHAHA! OMG! Their faces!" Manik laughed. "Tumne unke shakal dekha? Yaar main kabhi kabhi nahi bulne wala hoon yeh din!"

"Oh well Mr Malhotra." Nandini kept her character going. "Looks like your brothers arent interested in being the fathers of my baby....that just leaves you."

Manik pulled Nandini closer. "Good."

"Ahem" A man cleared his throat and the two turned to look. It was the manager of the restaurant. "Im sorry sir but customers are complaining about the noise. Aap dono ko jaana hoga."

So Manik paid for the food and left with Nandini.

"Well thats a first."

"Matlab?" Nandini asked.

"Matlab yeh ki aaj se pehle Manik Malhotra ko kisi ne restaurant se bahar nahi pheka." Manik replied.

"Oh...oops. Sorry." Nandini apologized. Manik smiled and placed his hand on her waist bringing her close. 

"Its fine...bohot maaza aaya mujhe." Manik said. "Vaise...tumhare kapre kaha hai? And...yeh sab kaha se aaya?"

"From there." Nandini pointed to the thrift store. "Aur maine apne kapre gadi main ralh diya hai."

"Ok...well we should go." Manik chuckled.

----------------------------------

Hope you are having a great Fathers Day and spending it with your Dad's.

Thoughts on this chapter?

What did you think of Nandini's prank?