Back to Normal?

It's been more than a month since Arthit and Kongpob met. Exactly 10 days, after Kongpob came back from his personal trip. But neither Kongpob called nor sent any message to Arthit who's waiting silently.

"Why don't you just go to him?" Tutah advised his boss who's refreshing his phone every now and then to find any message.

"Should I?"

"Yes... Talk to him. Maybe he's waiting for you to approach. From what you told me, it was very sudden for him to deal with a lot of things." Arthit nodded and asked Tutah to handle the next meeting and he changed himself to something casual and left to the 'Sixth Taste Palette' office which is at the other end of the city.

🍫🍰🥧🍛🥤

"How can I help you?" Knott asked Arthit who's fidgeting in the entrance. As there won't be any visitors, the receptionist is not hired. Instead, they have a call center that takes the order and deals with feedback/complaints.

"I am here for Kongpob"

"Oh... He is in rounds of supervision. You can wait for him in his cabin" Knott politely replied.

"Can I look around and find him myself?" Knott furrowed his eyebrows with the request and declined it.

"I am afraid you can't. Please wait for him in his cabin or at the visitor's area"

"Do you know who I am?" Arthit asked angrily to face the rejection. Because what he expected is the 'King-like' welcome to the CEO of their Investor company.

"Even if you're god, I can't allow you because of hygiene reasons," Knott replied with a straight face.

"Have you ever heard of the name, Arthit Rojnapath, CEO of Rojnapath Group?"

"My answer is still the same. We can't allow anyone inside apart from staff." Knott replied politely. He can't let anyone enter without proper precautions as there'll be high temperature inside, cleaning and sanitizing the containers for next use.

"Who are you?" Thinking that the other is asking his details to complain, Knott smiled and replied

"Knott Ittikorn, Second in command of this company." Arthit didn't miss the 'I don't care even if you complain' attitude.

🍫🍰🥧🍛🥤

"Arthit?" Kongpob entered his cabin who's relaxing on the couch, browsing something in his phone. Listening to the voice of the other, Arthit looked up to find the same face which he last remembered, smiling at him.

There's no hint of grief or sorrow in his face but his eyes are not shining like before. He stood up and out of the blue hugged Kongpob, startling the other. Kongpob's eyes brimmed with tears but soon wiped it off, not allowing it to flow out.

"I'm fine!!"

"Why didn't you call me after you're back?" Arthit asked still hugging.

"I had things here to handle... So was busy with stuff" Kongpob replied breaking the hug but smiling openly.

"Anything to have?"

"Coffee?" Kongpob nodded before getting up to the coffee machine. Arthit followed him outside and saw how Knott is diligently working on the computer.

"Stop glaring at him. He was just doing his duty and following rules" Kongpob spoke with a warm smile

"Did he already tell you everything?" But what Arthit wanted to ask is 'Are you two close?'