Chapter 3 - V 2.0

Sierra's POV

Opening the door, I didn't know how to react when I heard "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh". I was startled and jumped back.

"What the fuck, Sierra! You scared the shit out of me," I heard the oddly familiar voice. As I caught a glimpse of the person standing in front of me, I was met with a familiar face.

"Noah what are you doing here? And why the hell did you scream so loud you nearly busted my eardrums," I said as I held my hand against my racing heart.

"The shit on your face scared the shit out of me," he said as he pointed to my face.

What is he talking about? Looking at myself in the mirror just besides me in the hallway, I gasped. I forgot that I still had the face mask. I made my way to my bathroom with Noah following me after closing the front door.

As I was washing my face, I asked him what he was doing here.

"You know I got bored of California so I'm thinking of settling in here now," he said nonchalantly.

Wiping my face quickly, I looked at him in shock.

"Really? The duo is back together," I screamed as I lunged at him and hugged him as tightly as possible.

"Aww nice to see that you missed me," he said as he ruffled my hair.

"You're staying over right," I asked him, and he nodded.

"I was going to go to a hotel, but I figured I might as well save the money and come here," he said.

"You ass, I can't believe that you use me like that," I said as I slapped his shoulder as hard as I could.

"You know you love me," he said before placing a kiss on the tip of my nose.

Having him here is just amazing because he has always been there to help me in difficult situation, and I have always been there for him. At least I won't be alone anymore even if Jess drops by pretty often, having Noah here is just amazing on a whole other level.

We kept on talking for a few more minutes, catching up on what we missed out so far. After spending so many nights alone in here, I felt an immense sense of happiness knowing that my closest friend is here.

After catching up, I made my way to my bedroom while Noah made himself comfortable the other room.

The next day

Without opening my eyes, I reached for my phone and turned my alarm off. Stretching out my body on the bed, I tried to get rid of my sleep. The temptation to go back to bed was getting really strong as I couldn't find the strength to sit up.

After finally waking up, I took my time to get ready with no haste. I did my morning routine and got into the closet and started looking for what to wear on my first day. Should I go very formal or maybe a little casual?

"Let's try casual," I thought to myself as I noticed my black shirt.

I tucked in the shirt into my black pants and looked at myself in the mirror.