Chapter 24

The entire week I was making the sure that our British contacts would advertise our jewellery at their shows. Lucky for us models with bare necks were not working out in the fashion industry. Plus the colours that were being offered happened to be quite neutral and easily useable. By Friday everything was ready for me. I was finishing the last reviews of the Kristen project when Dove knocked on the door. Vi followed her.

"I am sorry to bother but, we need to discuss the last few details for the Gala tomorrow for the project." Dove said.

"No problem." I smiled.

They explained every detail. The seating arrangement, flower arrangement, guest list, food for every individual guest. When the plan was all set and I finished getting ready to go home. I was waiting for the car when Stefan walked next to me and put his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. I was so tired by everything that happened this week and what would happen.

I woke up this morning. I looked at the time it was 7. Stefan had told me he had to go catch breakfast with some friends so he won't be there for breakfast. I had told all of the staff to not enter my room the entire day. There was a doorbell and I rushed down after I got ready in some jeans and t-shirt.

"Hello ma'am we are Blue bows. We are the courier service that will take your donations." The two men said. I nodded my head and led them to my room. They took all the stuff I had already set aside for them to take. I was sitting in my room and watching some tv when I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and saw Stefan.

"Good afternoon. I got you a dress. It would go with my suit." He said as he smiled at me.

"Thank you. What time are we leaving?" I asked.

"Seven." He said. I nodded my head and went back in my room. I locked it. I had three hours to get ready. So, I made sure I was ready. I closed my laptop and then put everything in its place. I went and showered. I washed my hair. I straightened my hair. I saw the dress and it was the most pretty dark aquamarine colour off shoulder dress. It had a slit on the right but, it was low. It was really velvety and soft to touch. It had a few designs in a lighter shade of aquamarine. I found a matching green heels with a silver design on the back of the heel. I put a sliver, pink transparent glittery eyeshadow. It was a very light layer and then I put a dark green glittery eyeliner, making my eyes look like a fox's. I put my usual red lipstick. I walked down put down my other clothes on the bag under the bed. I looked at myself once in the mirror and then I walked down. I went and Stefan was waiting near the limousine. He was talking to Mal about something. When he turned his head and his gaze fixed on me. He looked at me up and down really slowly as I approached the two of them. His gaze me feel mushy in my chest. I took a deep breath and stood right in front of him.

"Thank you for the dress." I said. His lips just parted.

"Mrs. Black you really look lovely tonight." Mal said with a kind smile.

"Oh thank you Mal." I returned the smile.

I looked at Stefan who was still looking at me. I looked at him. He was wearing a velvet dark navy blue suit with a black collar and a white shirt with a black bowtie. His slightly long hair was gelled back. His eyes seemed to match the colour of his suit. He looked truly dashing. The entire evening he was going to stand next to me and I would be able to stare at his gorgeous features. One last time...

He opened the door for me. I smiled at him and slid in. He slid in next to me. The car ride was silent. I took in the sites of the city as the last light of day was fading. When we reached the venue. There was a red carpet and photographers. Alan had opened the door from outside. Stefan walked out first and then held his hand for me to take. I walked out slowly in the dress. As we walked towards the entrance everyone was taking pictures. We had to pose for a few pictures. Stefan had put his arm around my waist and I looked at him. He was looking at me with the same dark look I saw before I got in the limousine. I smiled him and then kissed his cheek. He looked a little surprised at that. I knew that in the gala he was going to tell everyone that we were married. There were VIP's from all over the world. We finished standing a few more shots and walked in. Mal led us to another entrance.