Chapter 14

A few weeks pass but at last Slender brings a struggling Jeff into the mansion, unkindly depositing him on the floor before he collapses on the couch. He looks up when Y/N rushes over to him to tend to his injuries, catching the knife Jeff attempts to throw into her back. Once she's done she kneels beside Jeff.

"Get away from me!" He snarls as he shoves her away, hissing from the pain.

"Let me help you! You're injured dumbass!" She snaps as she grabs his legs and pulls him towards her. "Hold still."

"Make me!" He spits, giving her a good kick in the stomach.

"Jeff!" Liu protests.

"The fuck are you doing here?!" Jeff snarls. "Everyone is on the side of my enemy!"

"He's not your enemy! If anything he's saved your sorry ass!" Liu barks at his brother.

"These people are just like you Jeff! Think about it, it's the sanctuary you talked about," Y/N tries to reason with him.

"No! I don't need anyone! You should have just died!" Jeff snarls at Y/N and Liu.

He gets to his feet and goes to storm out the door before a needle is suddenly lodged in his neck, a clear liquid entering his blood stream before he knocks out cold.

"We'll keep him here a while," Slender declares. "He's in the throws of a mental snap."

"But I thought he already snapped?" Y/N asks in surprise.

"He still has you alive," Slender points out, Y/N's eyes widening in surprise.

"So.....should I go?" Y/N asks.

"NO!" The others immediately protest.

"It is not necessary. He just needs time to adjust is all," Slender assures her gently. "Relax. You're meant to be here. Everyone has made a point of ensuring it."

Y/N nods but is still on edge, wondering if Jeff would ever get over the desire to kill her. While Jeff is carried off to the infirmary Y/N settles down with the younger pastas who were in the middle of a gaming match. It was boys against girls and girls were solidly in the lead.

"Y/N, it's your turn!" Sally smiles as she hands Y/N the controller.

"You're up against the master," Ben grins as he settles on the floor.

"We'll see about that," Y/N smirks, the two starting Mario on the rainbow road.

The pastas cheer as the two race one another, their controllers clicking as they work fast on the controls to drive their karts around the challenging track. Ben grins when the victory is insight, Y/N sending out a heat seeking shell and cheering when she crosses the finish line.

"What?! No fair! You cheated!" Ben cries in protests.

"No I didn't. We were sitting right next to each other!" Y/N tells him with a laugh. "I won fair and share."

"Boys do chores for the next week!" Sally cheers happily.

"Except our rooms. We don't need your grubby hands on our stuff," Clockwork declares.

"The serotonin is strong out here," LJ giggles in delight. "I have something for everyone!"

"A new candy?!" Sally gasps excitedly.

"Bingo! It enhances all of your senses and mobility!" He explains.

"Oh! I'm up first!" Y/N gasps, accepting the strawberry flavored candy and popping it in her mouth. "Oooh, you're getting better with the flavors."

"How do you feel?" LJ giggles as everyone watches Y/N.

"Liu, arm wrestle. Right now," Y/N grins.

"I'm just gonna crush you again," Liu snickers as the two settle at the coffee table.

They grasp hands and Y/N struggles to bring down Liu's arms, her eyes narrowing as her mind seems to work faster, pressing the pressure point in his hand and getting his arm down.

"Ha! I win!" Y/N grins. "Man I feel good! Oooh, Slender's helping himself to ice cream!"

"It's my house!" Slender shouts from the kitchen in protest.

"Oh! EJ's back!" Y/N chirps before the kidney eater enters the house, pausing when everyone is staring at him.

"What?" He questions.

"LJ made a new candy! Y/N's senses are as strong as ours!" Sally giggles in delight.

"Impressive. How long does it last?" EJ asks curiously.

"Not sure. Should be a few hours," LJ giggles in delight. "Everyone try a piece."

The pastas are excited as they accept their candies, LJ pressing the rest into Y/N's hand with a smile. "Take one every day. It should become permanent."

"Really?" Y/N breathes in surprise. "Thank you."

LJ grins in response before studying the others as the candy kicks in. Everyone laughs and heads out for the night for their killing, Y/N doing her general chores around the house before she stops at the infirmary. She looks around before carefully opening the door, the lights dim as Jeff sleeps strapped to a hospital bed. Y/N sighs softly and pulls up a chair beside him, gently grasping his hand.

"Can't you get over the desire to kill me? You wanted to find a place for all of us and look! You've finally found it! Jeff, we're finally home. You just need to accept if," Y/N coos gently. "We have a place we finally belong."

"You shouldn't be alone with him," Doctor Smiley scolds gently when he enters the infirmary. "At least not for a little while."

"I just thought maybe I could talk to him. Convince him he's where he belongs," Y/N sighs softly. "He and Liu have literally been my life. I can't lose them."

"You're like a sister to all here. They'd be very upset to see you gone," He points out as he gives Jeff and assessment. "You're older than a lot of them after all. And you might be seen as the best little sister by some of us."

"Oh? Am I now? What makes me the best little sister?" She teases with a grin.

"The fact you can do our chores for us without complaint," He teases her back.

Y/N laughs at that, a soft smile on her lips. "I'll be more careful. I feel like I finally found my home."

"You should consider becoming a proxy," He suggests.

"But I have no blood lust in me. Killing someone isn't exactly my cup of tea," She tells him.

"Suit yourself. You're going to become one of us, at least become like us," He points out.

"I'm happy with that," She assures him.