Chapter 23

Smile Dog leads the way to the new farmhouse Zalgo had taken Y/N to, none of them waiting as they just rush the house. Slender easily kicks the door open, everyone searching for the basement before rushing downstairs.

"NO! Y/N!" Liu cries before Zalgo disappears with her once again. "SHIT!"

Smile Dog rushes over to the pentagram and sniffs at it before looking back at everyone.

"A forest in Japan," Smile Dog announces.

"I bet I know which one," Slender growls, teleporting everyone again.

"What are we doing back here?! We need to go to that forest!" Liu cries, tears steaming down his cheeks at being back at Slender Mansion without Y/N. "Slender!"

"I'm the only one going. That forest is filled with things that I don't want any of you to run into or I fear it will be the last time we hear from you. I must do this myself," Slender explains. "Trust me, this is the best option."

"I can go!" Smile Dog says, his tail wagging as he looks up at Slender.

"No, you will remain. I have things from here," Slender says, pausing a moment and scratching Smile Dog behind the ear. "You did very well. I would be happy if you become part of our family. Jeff seems pretty attached."

"Who wouldn't be?! It's a talking dog!" Jeff protests with flushed cheeks.

"Take care of each other. I'll be back," Slender promises before he teleports to a place he hasn't been since he was a kid.

He focuses on the forest and the creatures inside of it to find Y/N, teleporting to her place when he finally finds her presence. He hides in the trees as Zalgo paces, Y/N slumped back against the tree he had her tied to.

"He's never going to find you here. He has no idea where you are," Zalgo growls, grabbing Y/N by the hair and forcing her head back. "I'm going to leave you for dead. No one will ever find you!"

"Please! At least take my body back!" Y/N pleads weakly, tears streaming down her cheeks as she tries to stay conscious. "Please, I'm begging you."

"Your body will remain here to rot with all the others. They'll never find you," Zalgo laughs with a grin. "Never again. Now, I really must go. It was fun while it lasted. Unless you want to join me?"

"Never," Y/N hisses out.

"So you'd rather die? Leave your brothers and everyone behind? Pretty selfish if you ask me," Zalgo remarks.

"They have a home. They'll be okay without me," She breathes, bowing her head and accepting her fate. This is where things end.

"Then this is goodbye," Zalgo hisses before he disappears after conjuring another circle.

Slender watches Zalgo leave before he finally steps out, Y/N's head snapping up when twigs snap under his foot and her eyes widening when she sees him. Slender lets his mouth tear open and he gives her a shark toothed grin, rushing over and easily breaking the rope tying her. He scoops her into his arms.

"Slender," She breathes softly, her head resting heavy on his chest. "Is it really that cold?"

"No, you've lost a lot of blood. Do you know your blood type?" Slender asks her.

She was way too weak to teleport. There was no saying what it could do to her body if he did. That much compression could cause injuries to open further. He hated to say it but she needed a doctor. Thankfully, he knew of one that resides within the forest. He's quick to rush through the trees as she grows weaker by the minute, Slender's heart pounding in his chest as worry fills him. Would she be okay? Was he going to make it in time?! Finally, he comes to a small cottage nestled deep within the woods by the river, giving three firm taps on the door.

"Slender?! What a surprise," A small fairy like creature cries when she opens the door. "Oh? You have a friend?"

"Angie, I know it's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't visited this place.....," Slender trails off.

"I know darling it has some bad memories. I don't fault you for that," Angie smiles gently. "Now, set down your friend."

Slender nods his head and does as told, gently holding Y/N's cold hand as he watches Angie look her over. Sparkling green magic surrounds Y/N as Angie focuses, her chest wound closing just enough she would just need it stitched up. Angie pants softly as her magic dissipates, looking up at Slender.

"I'm sorry I can't do more," Angie tells him gently.

"You've done more than I could have. Now she has a chance. Thank you," Slender says as he picks up Y/N again.

"Come see me again. Introduce me to the new residents," Angie says with a smile.

Slender nods before he teleports home now that the worst wounds are mostly healed, rushing inside and motioning Doctor Smiley to follow after him. Liu is quick to follow when he sees his big sister, Slender settling Y/N in a bed in the infirmary.

"Is she going to live?" Liu asks, staring at Y/N who is pale as a ghost.

"She just needs a transfusion," Doctor Smiley explains. "And stitches. We will see after that."

Doctor Smiley gets to work, tasting Y/N's blood to figure out her blood type before hooking her up to an IV. While that's flowing he stitches her most major wounds and bandages everything.

"Please Y/N," Liu pleads when he's finally allowed near her, grasping her still cold hand.

This wasn't right. She was always warm! That's what made her and her hugs so comforting. They were always warm and Liu could tell she puts her complete feelings into her hugs. He watches Doctor Smiley replace the first bag of blood once it's empty, Liu dreading Y/N's fading life as he clings to her. Hours pass and color begins to return to her face, Liu feeling her hand warm in his. He begins crying all over again as he clings to her hand, pleading with her to wake up soon.

"Mmm, Liu?" He finally hears her mumble, her hand tightening in his. "Is this heaven?"

"Still on Earth," Liu tells her with a choked laugh.

"I'm back?" She breathes, her eyes closing as she works out everything that had happened.

"You're back," Liu breathes, getting up and giving Y/N a tight hug. "You're back and you're okay."

"Thank goodness," She breathes, returning his hug.

She was warm again. She was warm and he wasn't going to lose her. He ends up breaking down and she holds him the entire time. He didn't mean to. She was the one who needed the comfort but he just couldn't stop himself! He pulls back when he's calmed down, wiping at his eyes and looking at her.

"I'm sorry," He mumbles.

"I'm your big sister. It's my job," She tells him with a smile. "How long was I out?"

"Only a day," Liu tells her. "How do you feel?"

"Tired and sore all over," She admits. "But thankful to be alive more than anything else. Sorry to worry you."

"You worried a lot of us," Slender comments as he steps into the infirmary with two bowls. "Some homemade chicken noodle. You two need to eat something."

Liu gladly accepts the bowl with thanks, Y/N grimacing as she sits up before accepting the bowl. Slender takes a seat beside Liu, sighing when Y/N mostly pushes her food around. He figured she wouldn't be all that hungry but she still needed to eat something.

"Y/N," He calls out to her.

"I know. I know. I'm trying," She says, giving up on the noodles and chicken and opting to drink the broth instead. Well, better than nothing.

He accepts her bowl when she decides she's done with it. She drank half the broth and Slender knew if he pushed it she'd be sick which wasn't good for her chest wound. He leaves to clean the dishes and let the rest of the mansion know of her being awake. Everyone was desperate to know the status. Slender is surprised when Jeff is the first to run to the infirmary, shrugging his shoulders and continuing to the kitchen. The boy still cared even if he liked to pretend he didn't.