Chapter 17

"That was delicious! I must say, you give Slender a run for his money," Trender hums as he stands by Y/N, helping her wash the dishes. "You've been alone for a while?"

"Not exactly," She admits with a laugh. "I was for about nine years but I still babysat a lot and things like that. I'm nine years older than Jeff and ten years older than Liu."

"Your childhood was rough?" Trender presses gently, watching her tense out of the corner of his vision. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but when my brother is comforting someone I know better than to interrupt that."

"He can be a bit scary," Y/N admits with a small laugh. "He means well though. He really does. My parents weren't around a lot and they only trusted the older kids to watch me. Of course that usually meant I'd spend a few months to a year with them before they escaped the small town life. I think they all hated that my life was literally set. When I decided I was ready to leave I had the means to do it while the rest of them had to struggle. I was blessed and they weren't."

"I felt like that a lot growing up. I was into fashion but I was supposed to be a killer. Slender was good at it. Our parents said he was a natural born killer. Offender too, but they had passed by the time Splendor was old enough so I stepped in a lot when Slender went......," Trender trails off, searching for the right word.

"Overboard?" Y/N asks him with a chuckle.

"Bingo," Trender snorts with laughter. "Still, he stepped up when the rest of us were lost. Makes him a good dad."

"Mine wasn't bad but it's nice to have someone to look up to," Y/N smiles, turning off the water and drying her hands. "They've been quiet. Should we see what's up?"

"Splendor probably wrangled them into a game and Offender definitely found the alcohol," Trender sighs. "Try not to give in."

"I'm a military brat. I've seen my end of a few bottles!" She grins, the two heading into the living room. "What game did we choose?"

"Uno! Jump in!" Splendor chirps.

"Hey! That's not how it works!" Offender argues.

"Just appease him," Slender complains, scooting over so Y/N could sit beside him. "Don't mind grumpy pants. He gets that from our mom."

"I'll keep that in mind," Y/N snorts with laughter as she sits beside Slender and draws her cards.

"He's just mad cause he's gonna lose," Trender chuckles, settling between his two youngest brothers. "He's always been a sore loser."

"Offender is a baby!" Splendor snickers.

"You're a bigger baby," He complains, grabbing a bottle of whiskey and popping the top off before taking a few good swigs and then offering Y/N the bottle. "Join me pretty lady. These three are too uptight."

"Lame! Don't you guys do mixed drinks?" Y/N laughs, despite accepting the bottle and matching Offender. "I can make a few good cocktails. Splendor do you like nerds?"

"YES! They're the best candy!" Splendor cheers, his face flushing when his siblings laugh. "Wh-What?!"

"Relax, you have the right idea. I meant the candy not people." Y/N says, giving him a gentle smile.

The five play through several rounds, Offender purposely drinking a lot and pressing the bottles to Y/N constantly, the three other brothers eventually caving and starting to drink too, especially when Y/N makes all of them cocktails. Eventually they play a variety of other board and card games as well, the five becoming drunk as the night continues on. Splendor ends up deciding he wants to have a karaoke and dance party, Slender finding various songs for everyone to sing through. The four brothers are surprised at how beautiful Y/N's voice is whenever it's her turn to sing, her voice smooth and gentle even if she does slur a bit as she sings. She starts to dance as well, her and Splendor laughing as they do various dances together.