Chapter 22

Two weeks pass and the creepy pastas are still unable to figure out where Y/N is. Slender reveals Zalgo and the fight they've been having for centuries. Zalgo wanted to lead an army of killers, take over the human world and destroy mankind for all the hurt they caused. Slender just cared about making a place for creepypastas. A safe place to stay so they have a place to escape to if ever on the run. They had all developed attachments to each other that Slender expected none of them to ever feel again. It felt nice to be around people who understood you.

"It's been a whole two weeks. What are we going to do?!" Liu breathes as he runs a hand through his hair. "How are we going to find her?"

"Unfortunately Zalgo's power blocks mine so we're unable to track her that way. I've gone to all the places he's inhabited previously but there was nothing," Slender says with a heavy sigh. "Perhaps I should make a deal."

"You can't do that! Remember last time?!" Jane cries out. "You almost died Slender!"

"What happened?" Liu asks.

"Zalgo snatched Sally while she was out with Jane. I found Jane nearly dead and brought her home. I told Zalgo if he gave me Sally back I'd become his minion. I got Sally to safety and then he attacked me. Said there's only room for one powerful being. The deal was obviously off. We fought and both barely got away with our lives. Zalgo doesn't uphold bargains," Slender says with a heavy sigh.

"I just can't think of anything else and I'm not swapping people around," Slender says. "Zalgo would definitely move if that happened."

"Wait! Her phone! She still has it right?" Liu asks hopefully.

"Sadly it was left in her room," Clockwork explains. "Sorry."

"What do we do now?" Liu breathes.

"I got something," Jeff's voice suddenly cuts through, everyone turning their attention to him and the Siberian husky at his side. "He can smell her out."

"It's just a dog. Who knows where he has her. An average day dog won't help things," Liu growls, grunting at the human like smile the dog shows.

"This is Smile Dog," Jeff says, scratching the top of his head. "I tested it. I let him smell me and he found his way here by himself so maybe he can smell out Y/N."

"Why did you change your mind?" Clockwork asks in surprise.

"She's got blood on her hands now," Jeff says. "Now I know I won't be able to kill her no matter how hard I try. So, can we give it a shot?"

"What do we have to lose?" Liu sighs, standing up and offering Smile Dog Y/N's hoodie that he had been hanging onto so the dog can smell it.

He pulls it back when the dog sniffs the air, everyone following him once he's out the door. He goes behind the mansion and smells the still burnt pentagram that had been charred into the ground. Once he's picked something up he turns to Slender with a grin on his muzzle.

"She's in an abandoned farmhouse in Farmington Kentucky. Get me there and I can resume," Smile Dog says, his voice coming out demonic. "It'll cost you though. I need a permanent place to stay and I quite like Jeff."

"It's a deal," Slender says. "Jeff, Liu, Jane, and Clockwork I need you four with me. Everyone else stay."

This earns some groans, complaints, and protests but Slender doesn't care. He only needed a few people. It would be trouble if he brought too many. Slender places a tendril on each shoulder and teleports everyone to the town. Everyone dons their human forms and begin following Smile Dog as he sniffs the air. He comes to a road that seemed to go to nowhere, nothing but fields upon fields of corn in sight.