25

EDITED

25

There's going to be two real short POV's of Jaycee and Jackson in the beginning.

Jaycee's POV:

I woke up on Wednesday, feeling absolutely out of it. Yesterday, I was doing fine and I didn't shed a single tear. It was a relatively relaxing day, but today I felt the complete opposite. I simply wanted to lay in bed, curl up in a circle and sleep. All day. I wasn't feeling it.

Dylynn was already gone when I had woken up, so I curled back into a ball and went back to sleep.

One more day, I told myself as I began to drift off into unconsciousness, then I'll go back to my classes and get my act together.

Jackson's POV-

I woke up Wednesday morning, really tired. And so not ready for this math exam. This was it. This determined whether I'd have a future or not.

I sighed and got into the shower to hopefully wake myself up. Caleb had spent the night since Monday, studying for exams. Caleb and Matt both tried to help me as best as they could in the math category, but neither of them knew how to teach a dyslexic math. It's a rare skill. One that Jaycee has.

After a quick refreshing shower and a healthy breakfast, I headed out towards the classroom I would be testing in.

I really wasn't ready for this.

I hope Jaycee at least did okay. It'd kill me if she were to fail, too.

I went in to the class to take my math exam. I took one look at the first problem and knew I was done passed screwed.

Jaycee's POV:

*LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT*

"Jay! What the hell are you doing in bed?!" Dylynn came in yelling.

"Same thing I usually do." Dylynn's jaw dropped and she walked over to me. She took my calendar down from the wall next to me.

"June 3rd is today, Jaycee."

I let my eyes take me to June 3rd and I swear I almost fainted when I saw what today was...what I missed.

"Exams." There are no makeups. None that I could afford anyone. Makeups cost a good couple hundred dollars and that's not something in my budget at the moment. I groaned and let my head fall in my hands. "Dylynn, how is it possible for one person's life to go downhill so fast?" I asked, as a few tears fell down my face.

There was no chance in hell I was going to be accepted back in the fall even if I wanted to. I blew it.

Dylynn sighed and sat in bed and rubbed my back. I appreciated her; she was a good friend.

The next morning I woke up to my dorm supervisor knocking on the door repeatedly. Martha never really bothered any of the dorms, unless the Dean of Admission had called for a student.

I let my hand go through my hair as I opened the door for Martha. "Good morning." I mumbled.

"Jaycee, the Dean wants to see you."
Skipping the tests.

"Let him know I'll be there in 20?" Martha nodded and left, closing the door behind her.

As I was pulling on my jeans, Matt started calling me. I answered it and put it on speaker.

"Dylynn told me you skipped the tests."

"Accidentally." I added. "I completely forgot. I'm on my way to the Dean of admissions."