36

EDITED

36

"Have everything you need?" Jackson asked as we filled up the back of his pickup.

"Yea." I nodded getting into the passenger seat.

It ended up being a relaxing week.
I had turned in my college app to NDDNU, so hopefully that turns out well for me.
Alesha and Caleb came over Josh's to see Bobbi. Then, Josh got his mom to babysit Bobbi for the day; we met up with Alesha, Caleb, Dylynn, Jack, and Matt.
Another day, I hung out with Alesha and Dylynn.
Yesterday, Josh and I stayed home to hangout and play with Bobbi.

Jackson and I boarded the plane upon arrival to the airport, then took off. I was exhausted because my dad booked us a 6am flight since that was apparently the only flight from California to Colorado on a Friday.

"Jay, is your dad going to like kill me? I know if it was o-my daughter's boyfriend that hurt her, I would strangle the guy." He thought I didn't hear him almost say our daughter, but I most certainly did.

It's cute he has thought of growing old together. And it's good to know.

"Would you shut up, Jackson?" I laughed.b"Just be cool, okay?" With a sigh and a nod, he sat back in his seat stiffly.

I rested my hand on top of his and my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. I could use a quick nap.

Jackson's POV-

Jaycee fell asleep with her head on my shoulder while I sat stiffly in the seat for the entire plane ride. I've only flew on a plane once, and that was when I went on a school trip to Oregon in 8th grade. It's been about 7 years since I've flown on a plane.

I think it's safe to say I hate planes. Plus, the fact that this plane is taking me to take the wrath of Mr. Gardner isn't even remotely reassuring.

Jaycee woke up as the announcement came on that we were in the process of landing.

She was so used to flying, but I guess you have to be if you're constantly going from Colorado to California.

"You need to relax." Jaycee muttered, tiredly, kissing my jawline.

"I am relaxed." I grumbled. Jaycee sat up straight in her seat and laughed.

"Lies."

We landed, got our luggage from luggage claim and waited for someone to pick us up.

"Mom, where are you?" Jaycee called her mom and asked. "Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to get home?" A frown appeared on Jaycee's face. "You and I both know I don't talk to anyone from Colorado."

"Okay, yea. Whatever, it's fine." Jaycee hung up her phone and handed it to me to hold onto since she didn't have pockets on these shorts.

"So, what's going on?"

"I'm going to call a cab, come on." I could tell she was stressed now, so I grabbed her hand that wasn't holding her bag and offered her a reassuring squeeze.

After an hour of the clueless cab driver driving around looking for Jaycee's house, he finally located it and I paid the guy.

"You didn't have to pay, I could've."

I shrugged. "Don't worry about it, babe."

"I'll have my dad pay you back."

"Seriously, don't worry about it."

I knew money wasn't much of a problem for Jaycee - she surely wasn't loaded, but she didn't have money problems like I did, but that was besides the point. Jaycee was my girlfriend and I certainly wasn't going to have her dad pay me back for something so dumb like a measly cab ride. Especially considering I just got back on good terms with her and I need to work to be on good terms with her father.