34

EDITED

34

Jack and I arrived back at Josh's before him. Then, I realized today was my last day. I have a flight back to Colorado at 7.

"Why is your stuff packed up?" Jack asked confused. I took the baby from his arms and we started walking to Josh's room to change Bobbi.

"Today's my last day." I mumbled. "I completely forgot."

"Well, you'll be back in the fall for school, won't you?"

I shook my head. "I told the dean last spring I wasn't coming back."

"Then ask your dad if you can stay longer, please. Jaycee, I've missed you so much and I don't want you to leave when I've only just gotten you back."

I considered it. Josh wouldn't mind having me around to help for the remainder of the summer. Plus, there was only two weeks left so I know my dad wouldn't mind too much.

He will mind when I tell him that I'm staying for Jackson - the same reason I left.

"Okay." I agreed.

I had the money to do some shopping for clothes for the next two weeks.

"Okay?"

"Okay." I confirmed again. Jackson smiled and hugged me. "I'm not going to mess up this time, Jay. You're mine and I'm yours and only yours."

Somehow, this promise seemed more reassuring than any other time Jackson has promised me.

"Want to go out?" Jackson asked, picking up my bags and taking them back to Josh's nursery-in-the-making. As of now, Bobbi slept in the same room as him, but when she was about 6-9 months, he'd put her in the nursery.

My phone beeped with a text message from Chris, notifying me he was here.
"I originally had plans with Chris for before I left. Sorry, bud. Bros before hoes." I kissed Jackson's cheek and ran out to Chris's car before he could put up any form of a fight.

I ran past Chris and grabbed his hand. He chuckled and followed me back to his car.

"Is Josh so tired of you he's throwing your bags out the window?" Chris asked chuckling; he was supposed to drive me to the airport later on, but obviously there's been in a change of plans.

"No, I decided to stay for the rest of summer." I grinned.

Chris smiled. "What made you change your mind?" I glanced behind me, to make sure Jackson wasn't coming.

"I will tell you in the car."

I've kept it on the DL that Jackson and I were dating, mainly because I really didn't want everyone freaking out about it in a good or bad way.

When we got far enough away from Josh's apartment complex, I started squealing, the excitement of finally being with Jackson settling in.

"Umm..."

"Jackson and I are dating." I told him. "I know, we were in a huge ass fight, but I love him and it's not puppy love or anything like that. It's real-life love."

Chris smiled with me. "It's about damn time you two fuckin' made up. I was getting tired of you being sad all the time and Caleb and Matt were sick of Jackson moping around."

"Well, gee thanks, Chris." I said, jokingly punching his arm.

Me: are you ok with having a roommate till the end of summer
Josh: FR?
Me: yea ill explain tonight
Josh: alright, cool. Glad you're staying jay.
Me: me too.