1

EDITED

1

Jaycee's POV-

Clarissa makes a lot of noise in the morning. I swear she does it intentionally because she has an 8 o'clock class and I don't.

"Claire, shut it." I murmured turning on my left side with my back to her.

"Oh, good, you're awake!" Clarissa smirked triumphantly, like she was surprised I had woken up. Bull.

"Grey or black headband?" Really now? She had purposely waken me up to ask what color headband.

"I don't care." I grumbled.

"Grumpy pants." She retorted. "Well, I'll see you after my class."

"Want to do brunch?"

"Can Josh tag along?"

"Sure." I murmured half asleep. "See you."

After I heard the door shut I re-relaxed into my bed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Claire with all my heart - she's basically my only friend - but she can be quite annoying in the morning.

At 8, I sat up, realizing I wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon, kudos to Claire.

My phone beeped, so I picked it up to read the message I had received

Unknown: hey, sweetheart. wanna hangout?
Me: uh...who is that?
Unknown: jackson(;
Me: never mind the fact you magically got my number. no im not hanging out with you.
Jackson: plz come on. i won't pull anything. just to the mall, i'll have you back in time for your class.
Me: no.

We argued back and forth for ten minutes or so, up until I heard a knock on the door.

Sighing, I flipped my hair over my head and tied a messy bun on the top of my head.

I answered the door and said, "ew." Then I attempted to shut it. Key word: attempted. He had put his foot between the door and the wall though.

"Come on, chop chop." Jackson clapped. "Get ready to go."

"I said no." I reminded him.

"I'll change you myself."

"Um, ew. Fine." I pushed him out of the room and put on gray soffee shorts and a white razor back tank. I didn't even bother with my hair.

This is basically what I wear on a daily basis.

"Did you even brush your hair this morning?" Jackson critiqued as soon as I opened the door.

"No." I replied, not bothering to lie. He rolled his eyes at me, but wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Um, no." I pulled away from him. "You said you weren't gonna try and pull anything." Jackson grunted something incoherently and gestured for me to approach his car.

It was just a beat-up, old pickup truck, surprisingly. Because you know guys and their cars. But judging by how Jackson patted his dashboard and murmured Lucie, I was guessing he still worshipped it.

It's admirable when guys still love their cars, no matter what the car's value would be to the rest of the world.

Not that I admired Jackson.

"Usually guys obsess over new cars." I pointed out.

"I like Lucie." He said defensively.

We pulled into the parking lot of an outdoor-outlet mall that is definitely a high end mall.