Chapter 27

{Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my lovelies! I'm sending all you my absolute best and all of my love! - J}

When Draco woke up, it was to Harry tracing nonsensical patterns on his back. Draco sighed softly, feeling even worse that Harry was being so loving when he didn't deserve it.

"Harry I'm so sorry-"

"We'll talk about it later Draco-"

"No, not even for that Harry, I'm sorry that you were manipulated into spending the night with me just because I had a nightmare. You needed your space and I should have respected that.

I should have been comforting you after my poor actions, not the other way around. You were hurt, and I just further twisted the knife."

"Draco you were frantic and vulnerable. You dreamt that I died again, that wasn't the first time. Even if I didn't sleep in here, I would have at the bare minimum stayed until you fell asleep. I could have said no, I made the decision to stay with you because I love you."

"I still shouldn't have asked. That was wrong of me and I apologize. I think we should spend the first half of the day alone and write out how we're feeling and what we need to say. I want you to take as much space as you need. Even if you need more than a day, that's okay. I want you to put yourself and your feelings first."

Harry pressed a kiss to Draco's head before getting up.

"It hurts, you know. To finally have you to myself and be conflicted as to how much time I want to spend with you."

"I know Harry, and I'm sorry."

Harry went to the guest room, and sat on the bed to reflect. After taking some breaths, he began to write to collect himself. He poured his heart out for quite some time, wiping away some tears in the process. Once all of that was out, he left the parchment on the desk to make some breakfast. He would rewrite everything to give to Draco later.

Stepping into the kitchen, he was surprised to see Draco there, looking extremely concentrated as he meticulously continued to make breakfast. He was so focused on flipping the omelet that he didn't even notice Harry watching in surprise. Leaning against the counter, Harry continued to watch just how carefully Draco was cooking. It was unknown to him where the ingredients came from, but the sight brought a small smile to his face nonetheless.

Harry left back to his room quietly, not wanting to disturb Draco. He then began working on a list of things that needed to be done so that he could feel secure in his relationship once again. Obviously, he wouldn't be breaking up with Draco, even if he had been partially scorned. Harry just didn't know where their communication had gone.

The list was almost done when there was a careful knock on his door.

"Come in."

"I know this doesn't excuse my actions, but I wanted to make you breakfast."

"Thank you Draco."

"Are we exchanging what we're writing to read on our own?"

"That's fine."

"Let me know when you want to exchange", Draco said quietly.

"Okay."

As Draco left to eat breakfast alone, he reflected on how Harry must have felt, and Draco felt horrible. He didn't know how to fix things, all he could do was write and hope. He knew Harry would forgive him because that's how Harry was, but he wanted the forgiveness to be earned.

Once he finished eating, Draco collected his and Harry's dishes, setting off to the kitchen to wash them. Earlier, he had set off to the store to fetch some groceries to take care of himself and Harry. He started preparation on lunch, making a nice stew using the cookbook Harry had gifted him.