Chapter 6

Warning/s- swearing, Werewolf being a weak little bitch.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Last night was long. Red Velvet ended up leaving because the tall evil lady had some 'requirements' she needed fulfilled. I asked him what she meant by that and he replied with "probably something about the cakes" and left. It got boring without someone to talk to but I eventually fell asleep.

When I wake up that morning, alarms are going off. Loud, head throbbing sirens. A red light flashes on and off which worsens the headache I already have.

The door bursts open and Red Velvet runs in with his sword. He grabs me by the arm and pulls me up.

"We have to go!" He shouts over the alarms.

I find that everywhere in the Tower an alarm is going off and those red lights flashing down from the roof.

"What's going on?" I shout. He doesn't answer.

He opens one of the doors in the hallway and shoves me inside before quickly following. He pulls a sword, my sword, out of a gap between a wall and a box and hands it to me. I look around and realise it's not a cell, it's a storage room.

"Tell me what's going on!" I shout at Red Velvet.

The sirens are less loud in this room but I still feel the need to shout.

"The towers been invaded by someone... something. They came alone and somehow they've managed to make it up to this floor." He responds calmly.

I walk over to the small window on the door and look out to the hallway. There's loud footsteps running around and I rest my hand on the hilt of my sword.

"Why did you give me my sword?" I ask, still looking out the window.

"I was planning to release you today. And you need something to protect yourself is something happens." He says back.

I nod and continue looking out the window.

"Who did you say it was again? The person who invaded?" I ask, turning my head slightly to look at him.

"I didn't say. It was like this large wolf thing walking on its hind legs." He responds calmly.

I turn around panicked, anxiety levels rising.

"What do you mean wolf?! Cause if it's fucking who I think it is then it's my brother!" I shout at Red Velvet.

He looks up at me panicked as a loud commotion starts up in the hallway. I look through the window again and there he is. My brother. Werewolf cookie.

"Werewolf!" I shout out, hoping he can hear me.

I watch his body turn to the room. Red Velvet pulls me down by the arm and covers my mouth.

"Are you crazy?!" He whisper shouts into my ear. "He'll fucking kill us!"

I pull myself out of his grip and frown disappointedly.

"Well you probably will now since you disrespected him! To me of all people!" I snarl back at him.

The door smashes down and I look up to meet Werewolf's eyes. It feels like everything's playing in slow motion. The sirens and lights stop as I stand up, running to Werewolf as he goes back to his normal self.

A sword gets stabbed into his side before I reach him. I stare in shock as the swords removed and Werewolf collapses to the floor.

"Thank you, Dark Choco." The tall lady says. "Now for you, Y/n. I want you gone. I'll forget about all this and come back in 20 minutes and you will be gone. You understand? Great!" She says before leaving with the other cookie.

I stand there, frozen in fear, as there's a small tug on my hand. I look down to Poison Mushroom who's looking back up at me, sadness filling their eyes.

"No more drawing?" They ask.

I shake my head and their eyes start to gloss over. I bring them in for a hug and they wrap their little arms around me. We say our goodbyes and they waddle off.

"What are we going to do about your brother?" Red Velvet asks.

"I'll manage." I reply, looking down at him.

"I'll come with you." Red Velvet says. I look up at him confused.

"What? No. You need to stay here." I say firmly.

He shakes his head. "I'll be helpful. I can get you out of this place, I can help look after you and your brother and I know ways on how to get you easy food." He says.

I look down to my brother and sigh, slowly nodding. Red Velvet runs out of the room and comes back with 2 large bags.

He moves a few boxes around the room and opens a door that leads to a stairway. He helps lift my brother up and we walk over to the stairs.

"What about your cakes?" I ask, looking over at him.

"They will be alright. I'll come back in a few days so it'll be fine." He sighs.

We run down the stairs out of the tower until we reach a door leading to outside. We walk to the side of the Tower and find sugar horse stables, taking 2 of the horses.

We saddle the horses and jump on, hoisting Werewolf onto Red Velvets horse, still managing room for Red Velvet. We walk the horses to the outside of the gate before breaking into a run.

We run for about 20 minutes into the woods before we find some good coverage. We tie the horses to the tree and pull off the tents attached to our bags, setting them up.

We get Werewolf, who's currently unconscious, and lie him down on the floor. Red Velvet pulls out the first aid kit from his bag and hands it over to me.

"You should've been a healer." Red Velvet says, watching me tend to Werewolf's wounds.

I smile and shake my head. "Being a charge is better. How's your arm doing?"

He nods in response. After I finish cleaning and bandaging Werewolf's wounds, Red Velvet helps me place him in my tent.

Red Velvet walks off to get firewood and I sit on the floor and sigh. After a bit he comes back with quite a lot of sticks.

He sets them up in a pile and sits across from me. It's awkward silence for a bit. I'm not really sure what to say.

Red Velvets bag starts to growl. I stand up and grab the hilt of my sword in panic.

"Calm down." He says, pulling out a cake.

I stare at him in shock. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I yell at him.

"Well, I didn't think it'll matter." He says.

He laughs as the cake licks his face. I sit back down and watch them intently.

"Does it have a name?" I ask.

"His name is Chiffon." Red Velvet replies.

He places the cake on the floor and it runs over to me, sniffing around my feet. I look down at it as it nudges my hand for a pet. I stroke the back of its head and it sits down, wagging its tail.

I smile as it rolls onto its back with its tongue dangling out of his mouth. I giggle a little and scratch its stomach.

I look up to see Red Velvet smiling before quickly dropping it and looking away. He clears his throat and stands up.

"I'm going for a walk. I'll be back soon." He says before standing up and leaving, Chiffon following.

I lie down on the floor and stare up into the sky. I question why Red Velvet helped me. Helped Werewolf. He could be tending to his cakes, but he's here. Helping me. Why?