Chapter 20

Warning/s- short chapter, badly written fight scene

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"Please help. He's a good guy. I swear!" I say to Madeleine.

"I'll think about it, Y/n. I can't promise anything, or anyone." He says.

I've asked if I could possibly have some help with rescuing Red Velvet. I've requested a possible team to come save him. I've been talking to him since early this morning.

"Ok then. I'll tell everyone about you and Espresso." I say back. I've tried absolutely everything to convince him. I decided this was my last resort of nothing else worked.

"No! Espresso will hate me!" He shouts panicked.

"Get me a team." I say sternly.

"Fine. I'll get you a team." He grumbles.

I thank him and leave. I get Dandy and ride back home. I put Dandy in the stables and walk inside, greeting Werewolf.

"How did it go?" He asks. I nod and sigh.

"I got a team. Took a while though." I say, running my fingers through my hair.

I walk off to my room and throw myself onto my bed. I ended up crying myself to sleep last night and it was extremely hard to wake up this morning.

I sigh and rub my face. I wish he didn't leave. It would've made things so much easier if he stayed. I really hope I'm able to get him back.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"What's wrong with him?" Dark Enchantress asks Strawberry Crepe.

"Well, I wasn't fully finished the machine so there is some side affects." They mumble.

Dark Enchantress leaves the room with Strawberry Crepe following. I've been stuck in bed all day with a 'cold'. That's what I've told them anyways.

I've become overwhelming nauseous with my memories coming coming back. With my memories coming back, my hatred for the Tower is growing. They made me forget Y/n. One of the best things that's happened to me.

I feel terrible for what I said to them, how I didn't know how I felt. I could tell I hurt them. I need to go back to them. I had to figure out a way to get out of here without the Tower knowing.

(Another shitty time skip)

"Alright. I've got your team. It was hard. I better not lose any cookies to this battle you're putting yourself into." Madeleine says.

The team consists of him, Werewolf and a handful of other cookies. Most of them only agreed because they're getting payed. I tell them the plan and what's going to happen. We set off and stop just as we can see the top of the Tower.

"We're just getting Red Velvet. Don't harm anyone or anything unless they pose as a threat." I say as we get off our horses, tying them to a tree.

We get through the front gates without getting injured to bad. The cakes guarding the gates did get injured pretty bad, but not so bad that they'll die.

We split up, bringing a partner with us, and go up the levels one by one, checking all the rooms. I think we get to the 5th floor when we start loosing hope. I open a door and joy feels my face.

"Red Velvet!" I shout, running up to him and hugging him. He hugs back and I feel a sense of peace.

"I have missed you so much." He says quietly to me. I laugh a little and pull off him, smiling.

"Let's go home." I say.

We get the others and start to head back down. I start to realise how strangely quiet it is. Wouldn't the alarms be going off like when Werewolf invaded? I'm starting to think somethings wrong.

"Where do you think you're going?" The tall evil lady asks, standing in front of us with the other dark cookies.

"Just let us leave." Red Velvet scowls.

One of the cookies with a scar over his eye and a large sword comes swinging at us. I block it as more of the cookies come charging at us. It becomes a full blown battle as we try get past them.

We do eventually overpower them. Just as I was about to leave, the cookie I was fighting before stands up and swings his sword before collapsing on the floor, unconscious.

His sword did hit me, leaving a deep, long wound across my stomach. I feel myself get dizzy, starting to fall. I get picked up and carried out of the Tower. Just before I pass out, I hear cookies yelling all around me, trying to keep me awake.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I wake up, my body extremely sore. I look around and realise I'm in my bedroom and try sitting up, shouting out in pain. Red Velvet comes into my room with a sense of urgency.

"No, don't try get up. You need to stay in bed." He says, sitting down next to me.

"What happened? Why can't I move?" I ask, panicked.

"You got injured and were unable to heal it with a healer. It's pretty bad, straight across your stomach." He says.

"Are you ok? Did you get hurt?" I asked, cupping his face with my hands.

"I'm fine." He smiles. I smile back.

"Have you gotten your memories back now?" I ask.

"Yeah. The machine they used wasn't finished so it had some faults." He answers.

I smile and pull his face in, kissing him. He kisses back and he puts his arm on the bed next to me so he has more support. We pull away and he rests his forehead on mine, smiling.

"I love you." He mumbles, looking at me. I feel myself blush and smile.

"I love you too."