Chapter 17

Warning/s- Red Velvets pov

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I take Y/n out of my grasp, careful not to wake them. I needed to talk to Pomegranate alone. I didn't want to risk their safety.

I walk out and go to the stables. I get my horse and ride it to the front gate. I hop off and hold the reins, making eye contact with Pomegranate.

The cold air stings my eyes and nose. I stop walking and stand in front of her, frowning. She crosses her arms and looks at me in disgust.

"What do you want?" I ask her aggressively.

"Dark Enchantress wants you to come back." She says in a monotone voice.

"No. I'm never going back to that place." I say back.

"Of course, a traitor like you would want to stay here." She says back.

"Why does Dark Enchantress want me back?" I ask.

"She can't handle the cakes." Pomegranate says.

"I'm not going back." I say firmly. She scoffs and glares at me.

"You can come back or I'll have my ways with Y/n." Pomegranate says, an evil expression filling her face.

"Leave them alone." I snarl down at her.

"I will. As long as you come back to the Tower." She says back, realising she was getting her way. I frown down at the floor, not sure what to say.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the Tower then." She says, walking off.

I get on my horse and ride it back into the Kingdom, frowning down at myself. I didn't have a choice. I don't want Y/n to get hurt.

I put the horse back in the stable and walk to the front door, opening it. Y/n's standing at the front door, their eyes watering.

"I thought you left! You weren't there! You left without letting me know!" They shout.

I bring them into a hug and feel them go limp against my chest, wrapping their arms around me. I trace my fingers up and down their back, not sure what to tell them.

"So what happened?" They ask, turning their head to look up at me.

"I'm going back. I don't have a choice." I say to them sadly. They look at me with shock, not sure what to say.

"You- you can't!" They plead.

"I have to. I'm not risking your safety." I say back. They look at me with confusion and pain.

"Please... just tell me when you leave. It's the least you can do." They say. I just simply nod, not wanting to promise anything.

We let go and I walk inside properly. I walk to the kitchen and start to make Y/n breakfast as they sit down at the table and watches me.

I place their food in front of them and sit down next to them. I smile as I watch them eat. I place my hand on their thigh and they smile at me. It's comforting for me having my hand on Y/n's thigh. Reminds me that they're mine.

They finish their food and I take their plate to the kitchen. They follow me into the kitchen and I smile at them. I turn to pick them up and give them small kisses up and down their neck, causing them to go into a giggling mess.

I carry then to the bedroom and place them down on the bed, smiling. I sit down next to them and they look up at me, sadness filling their face.

"You have to leave, don't you?" They ask. The smile leaves my face and I nod, staring down at the floor.